Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see what people were using online/pc for planning rides. I like to use either google maps (especially now that you can do multiple legs) or Microsofts mapping program. Not really looking for gps options, this is more of the pre ride planning part. I know yahoo's mapping has a really awesome section where you can say "show me all ....(gas, movies, malls.etc) and they show up on the area you are looking at. Thought maybe if we shared some links we could find some new cool stuff we didnt all know about. The reason i like the microsoft installed program is you can put in how many gallons your vehicle holds and its MPG. You also tell it how fast you drive on 5 different types of roads/highways and it tells you when you should start looking for gas.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I use mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com) for planning an estimate of how long a trip, or a leg. How far between turn-offs or points of interest.

Usually my wife finds places she would like to visit, then we incorporate them into the trip.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Microsoft Streets and Trips has never let me down. It even updates with the newest road construction reports.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Microsoft Streets and Trips has never let me down. It even updates with the newest road construction reports.

·
Registered
318 Posts
mthill said:
+1
You can say that again, oh, wait you did. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts