Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up swapping out my stock rear pegs for some rears that matched my Accutronix forward controls. I bought them off of Ebay and they are actually for a HD Softail.....Ooooo did I say HD :D Anyway. I bought a set of Biker's Choice peg mounts and proceeded to hack off the stock pegs. The Biker's Choice peg mount's OD were just a slight bit larger than the ID of the stock pipe of the original peg mount.
I then took the grinding stone on my Dremel and made the ID bigger until the new mount slid right into the old mount pipe.
I drilled a 5/8" hole dead center of the pipe for the bolt that would secure the new peg mount.

Masked off the old mount and sprayed it black again.

Then installed the new mount and matching peg. Here is the old vs. new.

And here is the set, Fronts and Rears!!!

About an hour's worth of work......work? Nah, ........Tinkering around!! :lol:
Later!!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliments!!! I thought they turned out great. I get a little nervous when I start hacking off parts on my bike. The Accutronix pegs cost me $60 and the peg mounts cost me $18. The peg mounts are Biker's Choice Rear Peg Clevis and the 1/2" bolt is what holds the mount in place from the back side. I left part of the original peg mount pipe because I wanted the new peg mounts to have some rigidity by slipping into the old pipe. I got lucky and it turned out really nice!!! Here is the catalog for Biker's Choice. I bought them locally though.

·
Registered
686 Posts
What was the guys name on Ebay. I would like to get a set to match my Accutronics

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brihvac,
I think this is the only set he had. He was not a accutronix rep like troonsouth, he was just a "regular Joe Ebayer" who had a set of rear pegs for a Softail. If you want I can look his name up and get it to you but I don't think he stocks and sells these. Let me know :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
How much grinding did you have to do on the stock posts to make the mounts fit??

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sjmenn,
I had to do very little grinding at all. In fact the mount has a tapered end and that part fit in the old pipe, but that is all that went in at first. I bet it was about 1/32 of an inch all the way around. The diameters of the two mating pieces were VERY CLOSE.
Later :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
enfuego,
I thought you would love the accutronix controls. Glad you took my advice, nothing out there matches the quality and looks. I still haven't done the passenger pegs, but that is next on my list, once I can free the money from the missus....smile...looks awesome. Thanks to you I now know how to mount the rear pegs...Thank You,

Michael

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hogger,
Thanks for the compliments!!! I do really like the Accutronix stuff. I really did not look too hard to whether or not Accutronix even makes a rear peg for our metric bikes but from most of what I have seen it looks like they kind of cater to the HD crowd. I just happened to be browsing Ebay and spotted these and thought I could make them work. Once again, Thanks!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts