Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
better know to us as Invictamotorsports...I bought a fairing on ebay from them. Anybody tell me how long it took to get yours and were you satisfied with the quality. Any complaints?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Took about 2 and a half weeks to get mine. Would I order another? NOPE. Save my moneyand ride up to woddies shop and get the original. Fit leaves a lot to be desired. It is functional and can readily be made to work. I just would not do it again.

See you out there
Smokey

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Hey Kermit, I am about to order one of these fairings too. So, I will ask the same questions you asked...how long did it take to get it...quality, any gaps in the sides, fit... You know the drill..

Also, if you could post or send me some pics, that would be awesome!!

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
240 Posts
What ?

This same question has been asked time and time again. Save your money, buy a Woody and be Happy with your purchase. :banghead:

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with the above. I'd save and buy a better quality fairing. Not necessarily meaning the Woody, everybody has their own preferences, but definitely a better quality one.
As for your questions: Mine matches fine on the sides after I put a little window trim around the edges. My middle windshield hole is a little too far to one side (about 1/4 inch) so when I get trim, I'll have to redrill it. Maxshen uses cagenut, which are worthless in fiberglass and I had to replace most of them with regular nutplates. Last but not least, there were some tiny cracks that didn't really show up til it was handled pretty good. I'll get all that worked out and have for now. If you have a little imagination, it'll work in a pinch.

Mine will do for now and I may not ever get another. Probably if I do away with this one, I will just go back to the shield. I haven't really noticed a huge advantage of the fairing that I've heard about. I get to be the guienea pig for all the new mods and sometimes that has its drawbacks. I'm sure hubby will spend alot more on his fairig when the time comes than I did.:lol: Or......I may just give him mine.

PS: I'll try to get some closeups today.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Here is the link where I got mine, if you don't want a radio and speakers I believe is is $699.00 with radio and 4 speakers $799.00. They are really good people to deal with, and it took about 6 days to get mine.

http://www.wideopencustom.com/dotnetnuke/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts