Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a Ride in to Branson Missouri for MAY 2021
EVENT LINK: Honda VTX Ride-In Branson Mo 2021

Maybe let me know what you'd like to see at the event?

Overview: Honda VTX Ride-In Branson Mo 2021 is a 2 night 3-day event being held in Branson Missouri for VTX and Honda enthusiasts. Local Rides, Vendors, VTX Show and Shine, and more benefiting Boys and Girls Club of the Ozarks. Bikes, Fun, and Friendship with responsible riding and lots of Family-Friendly but also Biker related activities. Our goal is around 200 bikes with about 300-500 attendees.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sounds interesting, I'll have to see as the date gets closer but I would be interested in riding down to Branston for this event. I would be starting out from near Akron, OH. (Kent, OH. actually) but Akron is the nearest big city to me.
Keep us posted here on this site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds interesting, I'll have to see as the date gets closer but I would be interested in riding down to Branston for this event. I would be starting out from near Akron, OH. (Kent, OH. actually) but Akron is the nearest big city to me.
Keep us posted here on this site.
will do! also, my fam is from up in the Youngstown area.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Why does the left doll seem scared? Shouldn't he be happy? :)
How many motorcycles do you expect to be able to fit into the central venue?
Would you turn away any other models/brands? If not, you might get overwhelmed by a lot more riders than expected.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's a little over 1000 miles one way for me but might be a fun time. So many Rides yet so little time Off:cry:.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why does the left doll seem scared? Shouldn't he be happy? :)
How many motorcycles do you expect to be able to fit into the central venue?
Would you turn away any other models/brands? If not, you might get overwhelmed by a lot more riders than expected.
We're shooting for 200 bike participation. this is all covid contingent. it is OPEN to all bikes. We just have a VTX show and shine as a VTX event.

and yes.... having possibly 200+ VTX owners in one place... does seem scary. LOL

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's a little over 1000 miles one way for me but might be a fun time. So many Rides yet so little time Off:cry:.
It is 800 miles one way for me. Now-a-days I break those rides up into 2-day trips down and the same going back. 400 miles in one day (all highway) is very manageable, so you don't beat yourself & your bike up just to get there, plenty of time for gas, food & bathroom breaks.

We're shooting for 200 bike participation. this is all covid contingent. it is OPEN to all bikes. We just have a VTX show and shine as a VTX event. and yes.... having possibly 200+ VTX owners in one place... does seem scary. LOL
Covid vaccines are coming out in mid December 2020 - who know, by May 2021, this virus may just be a distant memory. Fingers crossed... let's ride!

Reactions: Mechajob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds Great Keep me updated Please.

View attachment 181962

Overview: Honda VTX Ride-In Branson Mo 2021 is a 2 night 3-day event being held in Branson Missouri for VTX and Honda enthusiasts. Local Rides, Vendors, VTX Show and Shine, and more benefiting Boys and Girls Club of the Ozarks. Bikes, Fun, and Friendship with responsible riding and lots of Family-Friendly but also Biker related activities. Our goal is around 200 bikes with about 300-500 attendees.

View attachment 181963
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
272 Posts
We're shooting for 200 bike participation. this is all covid contingent. it is OPEN to all bikes. We just have a VTX show and shine as a VTX event. and yes.... having possibly 200+ VTX owners in one place... does seem scary. LOL
Posted this on several sites... lets see what kind of response comes in.

·
Registered
272 Posts
12/17/2020 and 562 people viewed this thread - No comment or interest anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Doll on the left is a Harley. He is afraid the VTX will show him up. LOL

1000 mile is a good day ride. Get an IBA certificate too.

I like the idea. I'll check back when closer.

There are a lot of good roads in that area. My interest would mainly be the trip up and back, ride some roads in southern MO and northern AR, plus I like these all bike rallies for charity. I used to go to the Moonshine RTE every year.

You might check with Mike Kneebone of the Iron Butt Association as he might approve a special Saddle Sore 1000 certificate for a ride in. If he does you probably won't have a shortage of riders or kinds of motorcycles.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Been to that neck of the woods several times. If you don't have accommodations, check out the Seville Hotel , Harrison, Ar. They have covered parking garage w/spots for bikes. They also have a bike wash area. While your there have dinner at The College of the Ozarks, can even tour the campus....have fun and be safe.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Tar,
You are absolutely correct on the Seville. It is reasonable and a great place for motorcyclist. Stayed there a couple of times. I'm glad you mentioned it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Any recent updates on the event? The event link doesn't have much additional info or updates. ( I don't use facebook, so there might be more behind the firewall...)

I'm planning the upcoming season and this looks like it would be a good ride from home (WA).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts