Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
New to you bike I would do a valve adjust just to know it was correct.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
If the OEM steels (clutch plates) are not AFU, reuse them. They are dimpled for oil retention. If not blued (overheated) and dimples are still visible they are superior to aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
If the OEM steels (clutch plates) are not AFU, reuse them. They are dimpled for oil retention. If not blued (overheated) and dimples are still visible they are superior to aftermarket.
Make sure you scuff them up before you re-use them with new fiber discs. You want the surfaces to mate properly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Enuff is enuff

No setting to change for the limiter you would have to buy a PowerCommander and then buy the Rev Extend module then you could bump up the limiter by 500 rpms only
Im guessing the rev limit set where it is will do me just fine. I choose long life over engine rebuilds. lol I wonder if any damage occurs by riding in a gear to high for the speed? I catch myself enjoying the sound of 55 in 5th :grin2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
If u have a R it means you prolly have the forward and rear shifters. My X after 55k developed like a false neutral between 4th and 5th. If I didn’t press firmly and all the till I felt it slide into fifth it would enter the false neutral, RPMs would max, and it would slam shift into either 4th or 5th.
I already had a MTC clutch but had been throwing nitrous threw it repeatedly. Not sure if it was a clutch issue or a gear linkage issue.

Just food for thought

21 - 26 of 26 Posts