Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I know nothing about MC communication stuff!!! I was looking to get a pair of headsets so my wife and I could talk to each other on trips, (driver to passenger). It appears you cant just buy headsets for the helmets and talk. Is this true you need to go through a radio system hard wired to the bike? What do I need to get us talking on trips?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
First off I know nothing about MC communication stuff!!! I was looking to get a pair of headsets so my wife and I could talk to each other on trips, (driver to passenger). It appears you cant just buy headsets for the helmets and talk. Is this true you need to go through a radio system hard wired to the bike? What do I need to get us talking on trips?

Thanks in advance

I'm no expert...there's nobody I want to talk to while riding a motorcycle... LOL But I'd THINK you can get wireless communication.. like maybe bluetooth?

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
A local Xer has a two way set up that He and his Wife use. He wears a module and there are two head sets that run off it. Wired.. He loves it and it was like 100.00 bucks..

Do not ask me what and were, sorry do not know.. Maybe eBay!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Cardo sells a wireless set which allows riders to talk directly to eachother up to about ten meters away. I have personal experience with the set and it works well. The set also provides bluetooth to your mobile phone. On top of that if you have the Garmin Zumo 550 the Cardo will link thru the Zumo to your mobile so you are getting route info, MP3 and phone calls. Only Alpha personalities need apply, LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts