Honda VTX Forum banner

Interested in the I-55 & Rte. 30 meeting spot.

• Yes, that sounds like a winner,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perhaps, but I got a better place,

• No, I'm going down on my own.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:idea: Any of you that are out south or out west or in the Northern part of Illinois for that matter. I was thinking about meeting at the truck stop on Rte. 30 and I-55. Mapquest states that it is 89.6 miles from that point to Damons front door. :) That is a nice and easy ride. :wink: If you guys from the north want to meet us there I think that would be great if we could all ride down in a massive group . And really have a presence on I-55 that day. 8)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'll be meeting Big Nate/Geek at the Cracker Barrel on Weber Rd. & I55.
This is a meeting spot we've used in past VTX rides. Everyone is welcome
to join us . Hope to see some of you there.

Nick

·
Registered
925 Posts
what time? My Brother and I can meet you there. Maybe we can watch for NicK and others to pass by I55 and just catch up with them. Or if they don't mind, they can swing by the truck stop and meet up with us...

·
Registered
516 Posts
The Weber Rd exit on I-55 is only about 1 mile from the 30 Exit. Maybe you can combine the two and everyone can meet at the same place. Right now I am planning on making the ride. Both of those are right by me so whichever one would be fine for me.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I said Rte 30 was so that there would be enough room for all the bikes. On a saturday morn. Weber and Cracker Barrel can get crowded. It is not up to me , where ever everybody wants to meet is fine with me. :D As long as i'm on my X i'm cool.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Chi-TownX said:
I'll be meeting Big Nate/Geek at the Cracker Barrel on Weber Rd. & I55.
This is a meeting spot we've used in past VTX rides. Everyone is welcome
to join us . Hope to see some of you there.

Nick
What time nick?? We're gonna meet together up in the N/W burbs....then we can head down to meet you all!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey Eric,
I figure we could meet-up around 9am and hit the road by about 9:30 or so. How does that sound to you? Too early? Too late?........Let me know.

Nick

·
Registered
819 Posts
BigDaddyGWhiz said:
The reason I said Rte 30 was so that there would be enough room for all the bikes. On a saturday morn. Weber and Cracker Barrel can get crowded. It is not up to me , where ever everybody wants to meet is fine with me. :D As long as i'm on my X i'm cool.
Yeah, and then you need to make a left back onto Weber from Cracker Barrel with no traffic light. The Clark Truckstop on US 30 has a light to exit the lot back onto 30. Much safer and more convenient.

·
Registered
178 Posts
David said:
Nick, Eric and I are meeting at the Sheraton on 53 & Euclid at 9:00.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... n&start=25

You want to come up to meet us, or meet us on the road?

Then we can head down to meet Nate?
David, I live about 1 mile from I-55, so i'll meet you guys at the truck stop
on Rt.30 and I-55 at around 9am. See you there.............Nick

·
Registered
178 Posts
MikeWerk said:
BigDaddyGWhiz said:
Yeah, and then you need to make a left back onto Weber from Cracker Barrel with no traffic light. The Clark Truckstop on US 30 has a light to exit the lot back onto 30. Much safer and more convenient.
Hey guys, It sounds like your more familiar with the area than I am. If the truck stop on 30 is a better place to meet , then lets meet there. I have no
problem with it. Around 9am ok?.....................Nick

·
Registered
819 Posts
Chi-TownX said:
MikeWerk said:
BigDaddyGWhiz said:
Hey guys, It sounds like your more familiar with the area than I am. If the truck stop on 30 is a better place to meet , then lets meet there. I have no
problem with it. Around 9am ok?.....................Nick

Sounds like a winner to me.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
David.....how about we get on the road at 8:15 or so from the Sheraton...so we can make 55 & 30 by 9 am. Sound good??

·
Registered
768 Posts
is the truck stop on the west side of 55?? & 30 i have been to the mall on the east side

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Is that the shell gas station off of exit 257? what time do I have to be there by?

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
If we leave there at 9am, we'll be at the restuarant by 10:15 (trust me, my son goes to ISU and I make this drive all the time).

Do we want to get there that early?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts