Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just curious if anyone would like to help me plan some sort of meet-n-greet this spring/summer. I'd like to set something up over a weekend somewhere around the Sioux Falls area.....maybe one of our surounding lakes/camping areas? I'm not thinking of anything real huge, but basically just a chance to get to know some of you guys outside of the electronic world! Anyway....I know we got a while, so maybe we can start throwing together some ideas on this post, or if you feel like shooting me a pm that would be cool.

I guess what I have pictured in my head is more of a camping type situation. We could reserve a block of camp sites/cabins, get there on a Friday after work, have some beverages :beer3: & a BBQ and just get to know one another. The next morning we wake up and get moving, and head out on a day long ride to???????.....Like I said, just a more relaxed, well.....Meet-N-Greet. so yeah, let me know what you guys think!

~Banik07

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
about 5 hours for me too, but get a date figured out and I'll see if I can make it...I've still got some family in Sioux Falls & Canton I could see too

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds great guys!! If anyone from around the SF area (or anywhere for that matter) wants to lend a hand in the planning of this, please shoot me a PM, and we can get the creative juices flowing!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
or even Awesome Biker Nights in Sioux City.Thats a nice ride down there and there are lots of 'sicles to look at!
Sassage,all of MY family is in KC,none here.The wife and I rode down to see them last summer.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
2rangerted said:
or even Awesome Biker Nights in Sioux City.Thats a nice ride down there and there are lots of 'sicles to look at!
Sassage,all of MY family is in KC,none here.The wife and I rode down to see them last summer.
interesting...I've got two cousins on my dad's side that live there, I'm originally from Lake Preston (if you know the small towns by Brookings at all)

You'll have to let me know next time you ride down, I could show you a few roads (if you don't already know them)

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Another opportunity is in May in Mitchell. They have a March of dimes poker run. It is usually a good time. I'll post the date when I find out when it is. If any of you eastern SD guys can make it let me know. I usually go back (mitchell is my hometown) for it every year.

·
Registered
293 Posts
that sounds good too Black Hills.I'm going to Eureka Springs AR the 8th-12 of May for an M109 ride.Last year there were 40 bikes(first year of it)and around 20 109s.Expecting alot more this year and all are invited.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So to me it seems like the consensus is that we should plan this around either Hot Harley Nights here is Sioux Falls, The Awesome Biker nights in Sioux City, or The Mitchell Poker run? As mentioned in my original post, does anyone feel like doing more of the nature thing with camping, BBQing, and just doing a ride to where ever the roads take us? We can always congregate during the Hot Harley Nights and the other two, but I was thinking more of a weekend event for this deal?

Don't get me wrong....I'm completely down for everything else, it's just that all of those are one night events. I suppose we could always plan this around one of those events and still make a weekend out of it.....at any rate, lets keep the ideas flowing and see where we end up!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I would say to include me, but I have given up on summer ever getting here........ :(

Seriously, I would be game for about anything, my big problem is that I work half of the weekends so it would be hit or miss for me. FYI - We are for sure going to Sturgis this year. A bunch of us will be going the weekend before the actual start, probably Thursday thru Monday or so. I can tell already that picking out a place to stay is gong to be a challenge. I know the area alittle from going to Deadwood and Spearfish, Custer and stuff but dont know about the individual campgrounds and such. It sounds like fun can be had from Spearfish all the way to Hill City.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would be up for camping around here somewhere or really anywhere. Oakwood up by brookings or lake herman up by madison. There both really nice places.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I could get there in four hours but Caps will slow me down with smoke breaks.
Anyway, if the date fits I'll be there, especially if Sausage is coming. :lol:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
biker.chef said:
I could get there in four hours but Caps will slow me down with smoke breaks.
Anyway, if the date fits I'll be there, especially if Sausage is coming. :lol:
I'm flattered :oops:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts