Registered
7 Posts
I got my spot reserved took one of the tent spots. got 118 booked :lol:
got this spot booked for the 6th and 7th. Can't wait for this weekend

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hey guys, krzkyot brought to my attention about the food situation. I know some of you that are making a longer haul may not have room for much other than you camping supplies and maybe some beers :beer3: just so your aware, we are going to be about 10 mins or so from the town of Canton. Canton has a nice little grocery store with about everything you'll need. I'm having my wife drive the van due to me having no room at all for anything on my bike. If we need to make a trip, we can jump in the van and go get supplies.

I think we should all provide our own beverages/food, but maybe congergate to cook/ BBQ....I'll open the area around my cabin up for the "hang out" spot.....If the one I reserved is the cabin I'm thinking of, we should have no issues with that......if there is a better spot, that's fine with me.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I may be headed to Orlando that weekend and following week so I'll have to hold off a bit to be sure. sounds like a good time though

fingers crossed 8)

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
I called and the cabins are taken. I might camp but probably not. I can get a motel in Canton at the Gateway motel.

I'll probably get there Friday night and ride with you guys Saturday. I'll have a few beers at the campground with you guys Saturday night before I head back to the motel and then leave early Sunday morning.

·
Registered
870 Posts
trip

Been waiting to see if I can make this work, and it looks like I should be able to attend. I will probably stay in Canton and meet up with you all Saturday am. Looking forward to putting faces to names.

Steel

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I've got a cousin and his wife that live in Canton that we could probably bribe for food/beverage runs as well. 8) (if I'm able to come up, still waiting on plans from my work :( )

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
That works even better Sassage, I suppose between your fam, and my van, we should be set!

Just wondering, how many of you got camping spots at Newton Hills? The only reason I ask, if we plan on having a BBQ and drinks around the fire, I think the park closes at 10PM to people who are not staying.....just a thought?!

·
Registered
363 Posts
banik07 said:
Just a heads up....I am going to attempt reserve cabin 3.....I think the tent sites that should be reserved are:

102E
103E
104E
105E
106E
107E
I just reserved campsite 103E by going to www.campSD.com. That was the last campsite on the list you made that was available for that weekend. If they let us put more than one tent up I'd be happy to share the site with someone. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
PeterX said:
banik07 said:
Just a heads up....I am going to attempt reserve cabin 3.....I think the tent sites that should be reserved are:

102E
103E
104E
105E
106E
107E
I just reserved campsite 103E by going to www.campSD.com. That was the last campsite on the list you made that was available for that weekend. If they let us put more than one tent up I'd be happy to share the site with someone. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
I just called the park and (I'm supposed to call Eric tomorrow to confirm at 605.987.2263) it sounds like you can have up to 10 people per campsite...I'll let you know more tomorrow, but as all the sites near cabin 4 are filled up, we may want to start looking at sharing as well so we're not spread completely thin

UPDATE - 6 PEOPLE PER CAMPSITE

G

·
0 Posts
PeterX said:
Caps said:
PeterX said:
I just reserved campsite 103E by going to www.campSD.com.
Hey Peter, about what time are you thinking of leaving St. Paul?

Lance
I've got Thurs-Mon off there, so I'm up to leaving anytime Fri
Hey guys I think I want in, however not much for camping. I might follow caps lead with a return sunday AM. I'll call that motel and check on room availability. (not much of a camper)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
That's cool they allow that many per site! Like I mentioned before, the ones who are going to be there on Fri. come over to cabin #4 and say hello. I was also thinking that some of you who are heading out Sat morning may not be able to make it to the flying J in time (10AM) what do you guys think about just meeting at Newton Hills rather than pressing everyone to be at a certain place at a certain time leaving us waiting in a parking lot?........I think we should do that (meet at Newton Hills)......if you guys that are traveling from out of town go to map quest, they give you a pretty detailed map on how to get out there.....lets say Noon everyone meets at cabin #4, we can ride out from there......sound good!

Why don't everyone who plans on being at this event PM me and let me know where your riding from, what day you'll be there, and where you're staying.....that way I can make a print off, and when the time comes, we will know who we're waiting for if your not at the campground by noon.

Thanks guys,

Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 118 site if they let more than one tent to a spot your more then welcome to share. Glad to hear there is some interest in this.I Will be there Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
updated my last post...per Eric, the campground manager, their rule of thumb is 6 people per campsite

hey Peter, got room for an extra tent on your lot? :D I'll split the reservation costs with you

·
Registered
363 Posts
sassage said:
updated my last post...per Eric, the campground manager, their rule of thumb is 6 people per campsite

hey Peter, got room for an extra tent on your lot? :D I'll split the reservation costs with you
No problem - the more the merrier!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
key question here:

who's bringing a cooler big enough to hold those frosty beverages for everybody else :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
I might be able to scrounge up a decent size cooler, so as long as we can find a place to buy ice and adult beverages we should be fine.

There still are a bunch of campsites available for that weekend, unfortunately they are scattered all over the place.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts