Honda VTX Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
actually, I don't think it really matters where you sleep.....like I said before, we can all hang out at cabin #4

If I remember right, this cabin is pretty deserted, by that I mean, there is not a whole lot to worry about as far as people being around us.....The only thing we'll have to watch out for is our noise level.....Newton Hills is kind of a stickler on "the book" if we're making noise after "quiet time" :roll: they might come and tell everyone they have to go back to their camp sites, Not sure though, I haven't partied out there for a few years, they might have pulled the sticks out of their :cus: :mrgreen: ?!

About the cooler.....if you don't want to haul a big cooler on your bike.....my wife will be driving our van, we have two big coolers we can bring, and could even get a third......we could keep 2 full of beverages and one for food? As far as everything we need....it's about a 10-15 min ride to Canton for Ice, Beer/Drinks, and food......we can make a trip or two if we need to, no worries!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Probably interested in coming out for the day to ride. Any idea on route or the miles on the ride on Saturday? Can I bring a Harley friend with too?

Nice way to meet the people from the area and the forum!!!

Joe

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yeah, come on out, bring a friend! as far as thr route, I'm still throwing that together.....more than likely it will be kind of made up as we go, but there will be some idea of where were going. As far as milage....sorry, I think we'll just ride until we decide to head back to the camp site....I don't think it will be to much of a "ball buster" but we'll just have to wait & see?! :twisted:

Just to let the "non-campers" know, we will be meeting at Newton Hills, Cabin #4 at noon. Since it would be kind of pointless to pay to get in just to meet up with everyone.....you will be able to buy that day pass when you get there, hold on to that, and after the ride, come back to the camp ground for a beverage of choice and get to know everyone.

:!: OH YEAH! If you haven't done so already....please shoot me a PM if you plan on making the meet & Greet, even if it's just for the day :!:

Thank you!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
whatever route,you need to make sure to include the back way from Alcester down to Hawarden IA,,,that road is twisty all the way....It's my favorite around here(since they closed off Career Ave to build a school!!!!)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Jason,I went to Sioux City today and came back up thru Loess Hills Scenic Parkway.If we ride some of that,it is scenic and the back way from Alcester to Hawarden is still a good road(not NEAR as much fun in a truck!!)I will map out a couple more for the ride.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
well, looks like I won't be able to make it to this one...I found out I won't be able to get away that weekend. :(

I'll have to catch the next one

have a couple cold ones for me :beer2:

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
sassage said:
well, looks like I won't be able to make it to this one...I found out I won't be able to get away that weekend. :(

Bummer man. What good is beer with out a sausage?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
biker.chef said:
sassage said:

Bummer man. What good is beer with out a sausage?
:lol: :lol:

a single beer, it is no good...but if you have enough, you'll get by without me :wink:

don't worry chef, I'll still see you for Dogpatch & the Rib Run

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
banik07 said:
Bummer man, hope you can make it next year.....or maybe we'll see you for Hot Harley Nights??!
yeah, post up if you guys are going to meet up there

·
Registered
293 Posts
Jason,I went and rode the route today.It is 115 miles from my house in Tea,back to my house in Tea!I went from here,down to Canton and turned on Hiway 11 headed south to Alcester.This stretch was long and boring.I'm going to see if there is a better route.Then Alcester over to Hawarden back to Hudson(which has 2 places for a snack and beverage)back up into Canton going thru Newton Hills.The part where we will hit Alcester all the way to the end was pretty good riding.Maybe we can get together and ride the route and see what you think.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Lets do it man.....if the weather is alright on Sat afternoon, would that work for you? You figure 115 from tea back to tea would put us at about........85 miles or so? I think that sounds about right. If anyone feels like riding more after we get back, that's cool too, we can just fly by the seat of our pants at that point......besides, we'll have some grilling to do once we get back! Let me know when you want to ride, I'm off work most days by 3:00....once I get home and changed you can figure 3:45ish?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Hey that sounds like a plan....a picture at the falls would be nice.....I watched the weather this morning and it's suppose to rain all weekend, not sure that will work. I'm usually open evenings as well, you can always give me a call or shoot a PM a day or so ahead of time....I'll message you with my #

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey everyone! Just got back into riding after a 15 year "vacation" raising some kids.

Good luck getting the m/g going - we should start a SD chapter - I was really surprised there isn't one! If you need help with web stuff let me know... it's what I do!

I would certainly be there for the ride... but I'll be in Okoboji that weekend. THAT would be a great little run sometime, too.

Here is one that I and the wife will be riding in at the end of the month...
------------------------------------------------------

here is the URL: http://www.sanfordhealth.org/AboutSanfo ... ionsTimes/

You may begin your ride in Sioux Falls, Mitchell, or the Vermillion/ Yankton area. Each of these rides will end with a post-bash picnic on the Sanford Campus in Sioux Falls.

May 31, 2008 · Combined Post Bash Picnic Rallies

Sioux Falls Rally
This non competitive, self guided ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at J&L Harley Davidson and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at the Cancer Center on Sanford's Sioux Falls Campus.

Mitchell Rally
This non competitive, self guided ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at Campbell Supply and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at the Cancer Center on Sanford’s Sioux Falls Campus.

Vermillion/Yankton Rally
This non competitive, self guided ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at Vermillion Wal-Mart and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at the Cancer Center on Sanford’s Sioux Falls Campus.

Madison Rally
This non competitive, self guided ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at a location that is TBD and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at the Cancer Center on Sanford’s Sioux Falls Campus.

Individual Rallies by Community
Huron Rally - May 31, 2008
This non competitive, self guided ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at TBD and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at TBD.

Watertown Rally - June 28, 2008
This non competitive ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at Glacial Lakes Harley Davidson and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at Glacial Lakes Harley Davidson.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
That sounds great! I will try and make it for the Sioux Falls ride! Congrats on getting back in to riding, I'm sure you'll have a blast this summer after a 15 year "vacation"

61 - 78 of 78 Posts