Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone get a chance to ride Lincoln this weekend in the evening? The National Hot Rod association was in town for a show.

As with Americruise, the participants generally cruise ‘O’ street in the evenings and the ‘after show cruise’ is usually worth checking out. (all you need is a lawn chair and then find a spot along O somewhere). Generally the crowd at 48[SUP]th[/SUP] and O gets kind of wild. A couple of years back they were putting something down for burn outs (bleach ?) and it felt pretty slick when we rode through it on the bike.

We generally find a spot and watch, but sometimes we will take the bike for a spin down O Street and back; the crowd is usually fun to see from the road as well as car watching. This year it was over the top. Friday we got to 48[SUP]th[/SUP] and O about 10:30. There were 5 or 6 cop cars on the north side of the street with their sirens and lights on, and 3 or 4 on the south side of the intersection. There were thousands of people (three blocks long, 5 or 6 people deep), the cops looked like they were getting the crowed more riled up than anything, and over it all the State Patrol helicopter was circling with the searchlight lighting up everything. It was really kind of surreal in a sci-fi movie sort of way – the screaming crowd – the lights and sirens – the search light. The entire scene was not like something you see in Lincoln Ne.

We ended up stopped at the light at 48[SUP]th[/SUP] and O, and the helicopter had the search light on us, the crowd was screaming, sirens wailing, everything smelled like racing fuel and burning rubber; then the pickup truck next to me started revving, and so when the light turned green, I rolled on the throttle - man that was fun! It is a good thing I have the 1300; an 1800 would have gotten me in trouble! I just want to know if the State Patrol will let me buy a copy of the video.

·
Registered
874 Posts
What a mess.... Yeah, I was there for a few hours trying to keep the high school kids at 48th and O at bay..... I wrote some tickets, tried to be more visible than not... but that didn't seem to help. Sorry to say I was the party crasher that night.... for awhile anyway

1 - 2 of 2 Posts