Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Troll Patrol
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be putting my windshield on tomorrow does anyone have any tidbits of information that might be of help...other than following the directions?

Thanks in advance ~M

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm assuming you purchased the mount kit with the shield.

if so then it is pretty straight forward. The holes for the mounts are existing on the tree. The mounts that attach to the windshield just use the existing hardware on the shield. Be careful when tightening those back down though. They need to be firm but don't crush them with force and hurt or crack the shield.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
It's a piece-o-cake! One of the easiest installs I have done.

Be sure to lay the windshield down on a soft cloth. One of the things you will need to do is to attach the hardware to the windshield by removing the appropriate acorn nuts and the bolt the hardware the the shield. If you do it by trying to hold the windshield in the upright position, it is rather awkward. Lay it down flat on some soft clean terry cloth towels or some other soft cloth. I have a bench that is covered with carpet that I use when working on chrome items etc. It proved to be just a bit too coarse for laying the windshield on it. I got some very, very miniscule scratches on the shield this way.

Other than that, bolt it up, fire it up and RIDE!

·
Registered
562 Posts
it will indeed be one of the easier installs. My advice would be to snug things down progressively, but don't tighten things all the way until everything is in place. For example, 4 brackets can each slide up and down, and turn left and right. Keep them kind of loose so when you put the shield on, they can float a little and fall into place. It's really a snap and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Take care to snug up all nuts after install. I lost one acorn nut and one complete nut/bolt setup on my lowers. Now waiting to receive replacements from Memphis Shades ... will use Loctite this time ... enjoy

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
anyone have issues with the throttle cable/kill switch cable rubbing on the bracket of the memphis windshield? i cant seem to get it off of the bracket. any help is appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yoidahom said:
I will be putting my windshield on tomorrow does anyone have any tidbits of information that might be of help...other than following the directions?

Thanks in advance ~M
make sure you don't let the wheel flop to full lock either way until you have the brackets in the right orientation...there is very little clearance to the tank and you could easily dent it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
anyone have issues with the throttle cable/kill switch cable rubbing on the bracket of the memphis windshield? i cant seem to get it off of the bracket. any help is appreciated. thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts