Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running the gambit on getting rid of the buffeting on my Memphis Fats 19" windshield. I have just about tried everything on the web. One last thing I would like to do is try a 21" screen as it appears that with my new Mustang seat I ride differently. Does anyone know if the 19" hardware will fit in a replacement 21" screen?

Thanks

·
Old Goat
25,598 Posts
As mentioned it will work, I just went from a 21" to a 19" and used the same mounting hardware, as a matter of fact I use the same hardware for my summer shield a 18" alley cat, now Im talking about the hardware that mounts on the bike. good luck

·
Registered
831 Posts
You could also buy a bare plexiglass shield from memphis shades and transfer the chrome straps , much cheaper . I know it works because I've done it . But I hate to tell you, I still got the buffeting and dreaded updraft from both sides of the tank . I tried the 17 ,19, and 21, all had it . I switched to the hondaline shield and 100% improvement . Good luck .

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have been running the gambit on getting rid of the buffeting on my Memphis Fats 19" windshield. I have just about tried everything on the web. One last thing I would like to do is try a 21" screen as it appears that with my new Mustang seat I ride differently. Does anyone know if the 19" hardware will fit in a replacement 21" screen?

Thanks
meet me at panama city and i will trade you my 21" for your 19" :lol:

·
Registered
9,510 Posts

Thanks
The point I was trying to make is why buy a new one when you can cut yours down, easily...

·
Registered
808 Posts
This might be a stupid question, but just in case, have you tried lowers? I have the 21" with the lower deflectors and the change from without was HUGE. The last piece I'll be doing in a few weeks time is making some plexiglass engine bar inserts to stop even more wind, which I believe also works quite well. Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
This might be a stupid question, but just in case, have you tried lowers? I have the 21" with the lower deflectors and the change from without was HUGE. The last piece I'll be doing in a few weeks time is making some plexiglass engine bar inserts to stop even more wind, which I believe also works quite well. Hope this helps and good luck.
I tried lowers, uppers, downers and outsiders. Nothing helped with the MS shield. I angled it every way imaginable. I still got beat to death at highway speed. I am now going to get a Hondaline shield after riding two different bikes with the Hondaline on them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ive got a spare 21" plexiglass in the garage. I put a clear 21 on my bike. The spare has a little fading in the color. You're welcome to try it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beat to death is an understatement

Thanks for all the replies. I have the lowers installed and have surmized that the screen is just too far from the handlebars to be effective. I have not looked into the Hondaline screen but I was also thinking about changing to a fairing since I ride 200 miles round trip each day to and from work. Mornings get awfully cold some mornings and since I am getting older I guess I can not stand the cold as well...

·
Old Goat
25,598 Posts
Wonder what the deal is , I had a 21" with lowers and no problems, I got a deal on a solar 19" still no problems, I came home today on the slab at 90 (gps) into the wind and no problems. :dontknow:maybe I just got lucky on my set up. good luck

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TennX

Did you have the quick disconnect?

·
Old Goat
25,598 Posts
TennX

Did you have the quick disconnect?
No I have the old style mounts, actually I have a 18" alley cat I use for summer using the same hardware, I just havent put it on yet. I sold the 21 to buy the 19, only reason I sold was I wanted a solar. :dontknow:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quick Disconnect

I wonder if that is the difference:dontknow: It looks like from your pictures that your screen sits closer to the handlebars than mine do....

·
Registered
831 Posts
which model bike do you have ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts