Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my Memphis Shades windshield. I ordered my Memphis Shades directly from the company and they shipped it for free.
Everything was inside of one box and Installation was very easy to follow. Took me about 30 minutes and I actually took my time.

This is my first windshield ever on a streetbike and I love the way it breaks the wind from my head. I used to say "I liked the wind in my face....thats the whole point of having a bike right?" There is still plenty of wind moving around, just not plowing you in the face and too loud for the ears. Well maybe I'm just getting older, but I am looking forward to riding this next spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I put ‘em on all my X’s! Tho I do take ‘em off in the dog days for shorter rides.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I really miss having a windshield on my bike. I used to have a pretty large one from Nation National Cycles. The Mounting Bracket slipped in between the headlight mount on the bottom and in between those wire and cable guide things that bold onto the bottom side of the top triple. One Day one of those mounts broke and short of a welder there was nothing that could be done to fix it. I called National Cycle and they said that they had discontinued making that mount. (This was still back in the days when VTX's were a big deal and Honda was still making them) but that they would send me a different kind of mount that would work. Well It came and was designed to clamp around the fork tubes but nothing I could do would get those things to fit around the fork tubes. I called them back up and they swore up and down that they would fit but wouldn't help me any further so I ended up shelving the parts and later throwing away the shield because it had yellowed real bad and had micro-cracks all over it. I've always been too scared to try and buy another windshield because I didn't want it to arrive and not be able to get it installed. but I've always been a fan of those Memphis shades that you could pull off and pop on with ease.

Reactions: Fithamoto

·
Registered
484 Posts
In my younger years i never had a windshield on my bikes but now i have one love it

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
I have good luck with my MS.
The first brackets came with a handy installation tool, fits all the VTX cover screws(Allen).
Nice ride, mine looked like that once!

Attachments

Reactions: captvelcro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have good luck with my MS.
The first brackets came with a handy installation tool, fits all the VTX cover screws(Allen).
Nice ride, mine looked like that once!
Thats a much better tool that came with mine... All I got was an Allen wrench!

·
Old Goat
25,649 Posts
Tool came with mine.....OP get a good set of T-Handle Allen wrenches...makes for a more harmonious experience working on the bike...u can thank me later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts