Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My understanding is that you need lowers with the National Cycle 2-up.
What about the MS Fats shields?
Do these need lowers?
I'd appreciate any input before I purchase.
The g/f and I are planning our first long vacation on the X.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
As you know lowers are meant to decrease buffeting , I have ms fats 21" and I dont experience the buffeting that some talk about but I do get some wind on the side but no helmet shake, I dont know anything about the nc2up, as for needing lowers I dont know how to answer that I would think it would depend on the riders setup. Im expecting my ms lowers today thought I would see just what happens . Good luck

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a memphis fats 15", no lowers. At first, just a bit of buffeting at 65 mph and higher. I bought a new helmet (since mine was 10 years old) and now absolutely no buffeting. You won't know if you need lowers until you put the shield on and try it. Some have minimized buffeting by playing with the angle of the shield.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Canon Sue said:
I have a memphis fats 15", no lowers. At first, just a bit of buffeting at 65 mph and higher. I bought a new helmet (since mine was 10 years old) and now absolutely no buffeting. You won't know if you need lowers until you put the shield on and try it. Some have minimized buffeting by playing with the angle of the shield.[/quote]

+1 :bump: Ive noticed that when I go with out the shield the ride is not as bad if I take the visor off.

·
Registered
93 Posts
lowers on Memphis Shield

Ive got the Memphis fats and the lowers. They do make a lot of difference, You may have to try and adjust the windhield forward or backwards to find the best spot for you, But the lowers do help with the buffeting and eleminating wind come up around the tank. Glad I got mine.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input ya'll.
I think i'll probably get the shield first and see how i do without the lowers for a ride or two.
I've decided on the MS because of reviews on this forum about the Nat'l Cycle mounting hardware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts