Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm looking to buy a Memphis Shades Batwing from someone local to me but, it has no inner fender. Do they even make an inner fender for it? I'm wanting the inner fender to hopefully one day wire up a stereo to make the bike a bagger. Bike is a 2002 VTX1800C

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have one on my bike with no inner. It looks like you'd have to fabricate one if you wanted one for the Memphis or look at another brand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I was hoping to not hear. ? Looks like I'll just have to find another brand! Thanks for your input. Any suggestions on brands that either offer an inner fender or come with the inner fender??

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was looking at the Tsukayu but they seem to be fairly expensive. https://www.tsukayu.com/Bike_Honda_VTX6.html

Another thread mentioned a Woodie but not sure if that's around.

There was another thread with someone that had one and the bracket broke. I don't remember the name of it but looks like they had a lot of options if you wanted sound.

That being said, I love my MS Fairing. IMHO it's more sleek looking than some of the other brands. Granted I don't have an of the extras but I did get the leather bag to go with it so I have a little storage.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
That's what I was hoping to not hear. ? Looks like I'll just have to find another brand! Thanks for your input. Any suggestions on brands that either offer an inner fender or come with the inner fender??

The options include Woody’s, Reckless, WideOpenCustoms, and Tsukayu. The Wide Open is a one piece, but the rest are 2 piece fairings. The inner fairing attaches to the forks or upper/lower trees with the outer fairing attaching to the inner. I have a Woody’s fairing that I purchased in 2011 which replaced a MS fairing.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
There is Hoppe too.

I have had tsukayu, hoppe, and Woodies.

The woodies is the best all around. The tsukayu was flimsy to me. the Hoppe was great (the finish was well done), but it was twice the price of the Woodies.
Glenn is still selling them if you are curious:

http://woodysfairings.com/

·
Registered
709 Posts
The options include Woody’s, Reckless, WideOpenCustoms, and Tsukayu. The Wide Open is a one piece, but the rest are 2 piece fairings. The inner fairing attaches to the forks or upper/lower trees with the outer fairing attaching to the inner. I have a Woody’s fairing that I purchased in 2011 which replaced a MS fairing.
Just an FYI, Tsukayu does have a 1 piece batwing. Their Boox line is a one piece (I think ABS) design.

I have their GPS batwing, which is a 2 piece design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts