Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used Memphis Shades fairing in excellent shape that a man had on a VTX 1300. It has the quick disconnect mounts. The problem is the mounts on the forks are too small for my 08 1800 T. The diameter of my forks are 7 inches in diameter or 2 1/4 inches across the top of them. I have called Memphis Shades to order these mounts or the whole kit if necessary & they say they have never made mounts for the T model. I tried to tell them the forks are the same as the R,S,N & they still cannot give me an answer.
Does anyone know if they make these fork tube mounts since they don't even know their own product?

Many Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
FYI The windshield for the 1300R/S mounts on the triple tree, upper and lower, not the forks. I can't speak for other models.

FYI these are available for anyone who needs.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I bought a used Memphis Shades fairing in excellent shape that a man had on a VTX 1300. It has the quick disconnect mounts. The problem is the mounts on the forks are too small for my 08 1800 T. The diameter of my forks are 7 inches in diameter or 2 1/4 inches across the top of them. I have called Memphis Shades to order these mounts or the whole kit if necessary & they say they have never made mounts for the T model. I tried to tell them the forks are the same as the R,S,N & they still cannot give me an answer.
Does anyone know if they make these fork tube mounts since they don't even know their own product?

Many Thanks in advance.
Order a kit for a R,S, or N. The manufacturer told you they don’t make a kit for the T, but I bet you can prove them wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FYI The windshield for the 1300R/S mounts on the triple tree, upper and lower, not the forks. I can't speak for other models. View attachment 194188

FYI these are available for anyone who needs.
HHHMMM. The man said he had it on a VTX 1300. The mounts on the fairing are the trigger lock with the fork tube mounts for the quick release.. I don't suppose you know if your mounts will mount on an 08 1800 T?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Order a kit for a R,S, or N. The manufacturer told you they don’t make a kit for the T, but I bet you can prove them wrong.

After I told them it was the same as the R, S & N & even gave them the size of the fork tube circumference & across the top of the fork tube & they still said they didn't make 1 for the T model. LOL. The public knows their product better than them. I have found that same problem with Cobra, Kuryakyn, etc & others manufactures.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
After I told them it was the same as the R, S & N & even gave them the size of the fork tube circumference & across the top of the fork tube & they still said they didn't make 1 for the T model. LOL. The public knows their product better than them. I have found that same problem with Cobra, Kuryakyn, etc & others manufactures.
If the engineer assigned to that line doesn’t show it as fitting another model, they have no idea that it does. You have to remember most of the tier 1 people answering the phone are $15 per hour people that are really only working at $7.50 per hour efficiency.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's a liability issue. I work in manufacturing and if the engineers did not specifically say it was for that model, even though it will fit just fine, you are liable if you give the thumbs up and then something fails causing injury to a person. The 'legal team' gets involved and then it's trouble time. That has happened more than once that I know of around here. The people you talk to have to follow protocol no matter how retarded it may be. This all started with a dumbass old woman who burned her crotch with coffee from McDonalds. Remember that one? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
BTW, I have that same fairing and ride an '07 1800N and those numbers you mentioned sounds about right. Except for the 7" diameter part lol. 2 1/4 is more like it, like you also said.

Many Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
the 1800 uses 2 types of front forks

uncovered ( dull ) forks
covered ( chrome ) forks

1300 fork mounts will NOT work on a 1800 ( anything )

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,231 Posts
A T is just an R with some extras.

Can’t speak for the 1800, but the mounts on my 1300T don’t go around the forks, they mount to the upper and lower triple trees.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the 1800 uses 2 types of front forks

uncovered ( dull ) forks
covered ( chrome ) forks

1300 fork mounts will NOT work on a 1800 ( anything )
You know it's funny Memphis Shades can't even tell me what mounting kit I need. The man I bought the fairing apparently didn't know what scooter he had it on. It has the trigger latch mounts on it & mounts that clamp around the fork tube. Way too small for the 1800. Heck I have even contacted several dealers for them & the same old song & dance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Many Thanks in advance.
Here's what I have. Pretty close match to the paint on my 1800 T.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,231 Posts
On the inside of the fairing there should be a part number, let’s start there.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,231 Posts
Here is the MS fitment chart. Good news is the 1300 and the 1800 use the same fairing. So it will work with the right mounts, which are also listed on the chart.
Chart

1 - 16 of 16 Posts