Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little help please. Memphis shades Batwing and Bikerhaven Batwings look identical to me on the ads. Are they the same thing, different. Is one better than the other. I find MS Batwing on ebay for $443 and Bikerhaven for $369. Any big difference???

·
Old Goat
25,598 Posts
Im pretty sure if you check the fine print you will see it is a memphis shades fairing....:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
It is a Memphis Shades. The difference is, it comes with the Mounting Kit and the Windshield.

Look at Memphis Shades website:

Batwing: $229
Mounting Hardware: $138
Windshield: $30 (up to $70)

So.. adding that up is $397 (Considering $30 windshield - $437 considering $70 windshield)

All three for $369 isnt a bad deal.

-Gonz

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Dude, go to the memphis shades webisite. They sell em on there for, I believe $270, last I checked. And I think they come with a 5" windshield, so your good to go on that, unless you want a taller one. I opted to go for the full fairing with stereo vs just the batwing. Theres an ebay store that sells them for 6x9s or 5" speakers, both for under $300.

A little help please. Memphis shades Batwing and Bikerhaven Batwings look identical to me on the ads. Are they the same thing, different. Is one better than the other. I find MS Batwing on ebay for $443 and Bikerhaven for $369. Any big difference???

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got my MS Batwing from Biker haven. The 1st one was one a 750 ace the 2nd was for my 1300R I love them. 12 in shield.
They were a great company . I ordered they shipped at the time I bought and to this date I believe they were cheapest around.
When you buy the MS Batwing kit from them you get windshield, mounting brackets and fairing.
would do BS. with them again.

Bill

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I got my MS Batwing from Biker haven. The 1st one was one a 750 ace the 2nd was for my 1300R I love them. 12 in shield.
They were a great company . I ordered they shipped at the time I bought and to this date I believe they were cheapest around.
When you buy the MS Batwing kit from them you get windshield, mounting brackets and fairing.
would do BS. with them again.

Bill
+ 1.... Same here. Good company, good prices :agree:
All items that I have bought look like 1st class,
not 2nd's.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dude, go to the memphis shades webisite. They sell em on there for, I believe $270, last I checked. And I think they come with a 5" windshield, so your good to go on that, unless you want a taller one. I opted to go for the full fairing with stereo vs just the batwing. Theres an ebay store that sells them for 6x9s or 5" speakers, both for under $300.
Believe me you are probably going to want to go taller than 5''. Lots of folks who went with 5 are now wanting taller. I have a 12 inch and I love it. Probably a 9 would be good too. Most people still experience lots of buffeting with a 5 inch.... maybe some don't.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Ok , can I still use my fat fork tubes with the Memphis shades fairing? Do I order the one for an R model or will that not work?
thanks

·
Registered
703 Posts
Memphis Shades mounts are made specific to the model of the bike. The mounts for the C and the R/S are completely different. Make sure you get the correct mounts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts