·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted a link on you tube,
, so you can see MIL codes, but I think the following codes came up
8, 9, 10, 12, 18
engine seems to run fine
the reason for running the self diag was because the bike just died while sitting at the light.
tried to start back up but it would not turn over at the time.
pushed it to a parking lot and about 20-30 min and jiggling the ecu/ecu wires it turned over
flashing what think was either 1long1short, or 1long2short ??? can't remember ... thus the self diag now

1st time the bike ever died like that ... funny I was talking about selling it just before!
it had been sitting for a few months (dead battery) ... replace with a new one

should i clear all the codes and ride and see if anything comes back?
any other suggestion??? i'm guessing I'm going to hear "ground fix" ...if that's what you think let me know

thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,157 Posts

·
Super Moderator
63,930 Posts
Yeah, don't sit there pulling on wires or you get multiple codes like this. You seem to have either;
A) MAP Sensor, TP Sensor, IAT Sensor, and the BARO Sensor all go bad at the same exact moment. Plus your rear injector has poor contact and a loose conection to the Cam Pulse Generator
B) Or your battery is not tight and you need to do the ground fix

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies
i will double check battry connections and work on the ground fixes

i do have one more general question about the Self Diag.
is it pulling any code that remained in memory, OR is it doing an active trouble shoot for anything that would be in question?
again, that is just a general question, I just want to be clear on how self diag works.

·
Super Moderator
63,930 Posts
It's pulling up any codes that haven't been cleared. If you want to know the most recent. Turn the key to the run position but don't start it and watch the FI light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts