Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100,000 miles, 86,000 of those are mine after I bought this bike back in 2010.
The cute thing about this milestone is that it happened EXACTLY at the Colorado Wyoming border, a border I crossed many times before. I hope to make it till 200,000; I bet the bike has a better chance than me to making it.
With apologies for the dirty windshield.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Congrats again, Henk!

Reactions: henkvdb

·
Registered
799 Posts
I cant imagine having any vehicle up to 100k. Well done. However it raises a thought in me. As you are so long owned and faithful to your bike, are you still on your first marriage? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant imagine having any vehicle up to 100k. Well done. However it raises a thought in me. As you are so long owned and faithful to your bike, are you still on your first marriage? Just curious.
Nope. I did not start riding again until after my second one failed. Raising two little boys all by myself made me realize that I needed some time for MYSELF and slowly got back into riding. Throwing the ex out and riding again are the two best decisions I ever made, with the riding being #2.
:geek:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I know you are not asking me... so here it is

one wife 47 years, NO separations. and the second Girl I dated.

cars,
77 Chevy Caprice 2 door... got at 1 year old and 8,000 miles... till 1990 and 141,000 miles
88 Acura Legend 2 door 5 speed... in 1990 at 35,000 miles.. till 2004 with 255,000 miles.

and both continued on with new owners

I treat my stuff to LAST for me.
both the engine and transmission were never worked on inside.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Nothing wrong with finding a good one first and keeping her (wife and bike lol)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Yeah, I can't imagine NOT keeping something that still works fine. Had an '89 Sentra I bought new for commuting. It had 265,000 miles on it the evening some damn drunk ran into me and totaled it (I was not hurt). Replaced a starter, water pump, and CV joints. The '06 Focus I drive now has 180,000 miles. Replaced the combo clutch/brake master cylinder. Of course, not counting tires, belts, hoses, etc.. Hell, I've got 120,000 on my '02 X. And, she still makes great power. I am shopping (slowly) for another bike but, I'll never get rid of the X.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Congratulations Henk. Welcome to our 100,000 mile club.

Hans might have the highest mileage VTX on here.

I was single for a long time (fishing, hunting, motorcycles, boats, fast cars) then I got stupid and married the wrong one. So Henk, I know how that goes.

Soon my toys and hobbies were all gone except I refused to let go of my college graduation present to myself, a 1973 Corvette new in 1973.

I hung in there long enough to have 3 girls (stupid again, should have quit sooner). She bailed before the third one was 2 years old. I raised them by myself for the next 5 years. Then I hit the lottery of marriage. That is I accidentally met, without looking, a wonderful lady. We married. She helped me finish raising them.

We still have a special needs adult child at home. Not many would take on that. She has put up with me and my daughters for 25 years. The best part is I am retired and my wonderful wife is younger and still works. She likes fast cars and understands my motorcycle traveling addiction (almost 200,000 miles total on two motorcycles in 13 years). She just doesn't like to ride.

Any couple that is fortunate to stay married and still happy, especially on the first try, for many years brings joy to my heart. I have a few friends that have been married and happy since young. They all admit it was work for both of them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good on ya, mate! Congrats and you certainly have my respect.
I hope to get there, but I need to get on the pony more often if I'm gonna get there anytime soon. I'm still looking forward to getting 10,000 on this bike, as I'm averaging just over 2k / year commuting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts