Honda VTX Forum banner

MILITEC-1

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  mark_1bx 
#1 ·
Ok, so a client of mine gave me about 4oz of MILITEC-1 to try in my bike. He said it increases RPM by 200rpm with a fuel reduction of up to 14% and increases hp 2 to 3 hp's and decreases engine coking by up to 39%. It also decreases emmsions; NOx 30% and CO 60%, opacity reduced by 90% and metal content in used oil 70 to 90%. Oil changes reduced by 50%. And it makes your engine run alot cooler. It binds to the engine metal at about 150 degrees and it supposed to last for a very long time. Your supposed to add 2 oz to every quart of oil on the first run and then the second run add only half of that and that should be it. The military uses it for their vehicles and weapons whiel in the desert and their ship's engines.

Anybody hear of this and if so do you think it would be advisable to add this to the VTX? It has been tested on HD bikes and passes with flying colors.

If someone knowledgable knows about this and recommends it I could get a supply for cheap for anyone who wants it.

If this works it could save all of us alot of money in operating costs. Im pretty siked about this if it works for our bikes. I hope this works with our engine and tranny setup.

Tell me your thoughts.

See less See more
#2 ·
All you need is a quality oil and change it when needed. No additives necessary.
I wouldn't want anything to "bond" to the clutch anyways. ;)

#3 ·
I wouldn't want anything to "bond" to the clutch anyways. ;)
Thats the one thing I am worried about. The guy who gave it to me said it shouldnt cause any slippage. Said that the military uses it in some ships and military vehicles where the trans uses the engine oil like our bikes do.

Figured I would read what other VTXers say about this before I decide to put it in.

heres somewhat of a write up on it. http://www.militec1.com/automotive1.html

#4 ·
There is no need to add anything to any engine oil, ever, period. Think of it this way, if there was stuff that was SOOOOOOO GOOOOD for your engine and oil, don't you think Mobil would just add it to their oil mix and charge you more money? The answer is always YES, if it was that good it would have already been added. If oil companies do not add that stuff, or in the amount that stuff is, there is usually a darn good reason for it. Just ask Slick50 and Duralube that basically promised the same things. After the FTC ame down on them for misleading product ads on TV, they are pretty much quiet on the subject now.

So, I'll say again, there is never any need to add anything to your engine oil. Especially in an engine that shares it's oil with a clutch.

#5 ·
Thats the one thing I am worried about. The guy who gave it to me said it shouldnt cause any slippage. Said that the military uses it in some ships and military vehicles where the trans uses the engine oil like our bikes do.

Figured I would read what other VTXers say about this before I decide to put it in.

heres somewhat of a write up on it. http://www.militec1.com/automotive1.html
I would also be concerned about the clutch. Other trannies and clutches may use engine oil but not THE engine oil. Others have seperate sumps. Honda uses the same sump for both.

#6 ·
the military uses it in some ships and military vehicles where the trans uses the engine oil like our bikes do.
Find out if their applications run a wet clutch that also shares the same oil supply without slippage, if so, I'd try it, but maybe with petro oil first, and a clutch I wouldn't mind replacing. I'd sure like to see a dyno test.

#7 ·
MILITEC-1 is a very high quality firearms lubricant which was designed specifically for the M-16 battle rifle. This is the first time I've heard of anyone touting it as a motorcycle lubricant. WTF, it might work ok as a bike lubricant but my bottle will stay in my cleaning kit cuz that's what it was designed for! ......and no I don't have an M-16! I sure would like one though!

#8 ·
Their claims are BS, as I said, Slick50 and Duralube both said the same thing about increasing horsepower and MPGs and all that other crap. It was tested and it wasn't true. In fact, it was found that Slick50 may even be detrimental to engines because it would clog oil passages.

I'll say it again, nothing needs to be added to any engine oil, ever. There is no magic elixir that will instantly gain you 10hp and a25% increase in MPGs. If there was, it would be added by the oil companies and they would charge us more for the oil.

#9 ·
Thank you guys, all awesome responses. I was worried about the clutch thing which is why I posted this.
My client sells this stuff directly to the military and he showed me their dyno tests and other tests, I figured the military wouldnt necessarily lie to itself, or would it? lol.
I asked about the slick50 and others and he showed me test results that show yes slick50 and duralube BS their claims (yes I know put down the competition) but the military tests show that this stuff doesnt do what those others do.
But I will have to say I am not going to put this in my bike based on what you guys stated.
And yes it was developed as a weapons lube but they do use it in engines as well.
Again thanks for the replies all great stuff.

#12 ·
Thank you guys, all awesome responses. I was worried about the clutch thing which is why I posted this.
My client sells this stuff directly to the military and he showed me their dyno tests and other tests, I figured the military wouldnt necessarily lie to itself, or would it? lol.
I asked about the slick50 and others and he showed me test results that show yes slick50 and duralube BS their claims (yes I know put down the competition) but the military tests show that this stuff doesnt do what those others do.
But I will have to say I am not going to put this in my bike based on what you guys stated.
And yes it was developed as a weapons lube but they do use it in engines as well.
Again thanks for the replies all great stuff.
Send me a bottle.....I'll put my old clutch back in and see what happens.

#13 ·
There is no need to add anything to any engine oil, ever, period. Think of it this way, if there was stuff that was SOOOOOOO GOOOOD for your engine and oil, don't you think Mobil would just add it to their oil mix and charge you more money? The answer is always YES, if it was that good it would have already been added. If oil companies do not add that stuff, or in the amount that stuff is, there is usually a darn good reason for it. Just ask Slick50 and Duralube that basically promised the same things. After the FTC ame down on them for misleading product ads on TV, they are pretty much quiet on the subject now.

So, I'll say again, there is never any need to add anything to your engine oil. Especially in an engine that shares it's oil with a clutch.
+1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.