Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any dampening devices I can add to my mirrors to reduce vibration??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe a rubber washer?:confused:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
???
...adjust the airflow so that it vibrates your helmet at the same frequency?
:joke:

My right mirror vibrates, but the left does not.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
I've seen mounting adapters that mount to the mirror threads that have a rubber in them to help eliminate the vibration. I think JC Whitney has them.
Are you sure that it is not helmet buffeting that makes everything blurry.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Yes, just do not start and run engine:joke:. Not sure if you are using after market mirrors but I have tried different things with my after market mirrors (rubber & nylon washer) with no luck. They say the stock ones are the best to use for little to no vibration. There are other things I have seen others try like stuff you can put in your bars. Just to a search and maybe you will find something that will work for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
569 Posts
My left side does it. Done it with the stock ones and now with the after market ones.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Dynabeads in the tires made my mirror vibration go away with the stock ones and the aftermarket Arlen Ness mirrors as well.

·
Old Goat
25,489 Posts
My stock C mirrors on my R only vibrate on hard acceleration, at cruise no worries. good luck

·
Registered
610 Posts
Same here. My factory mirrors on my 1300S don't vibrate at all.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Mine vibrate some worse at low and mid rpms, smooths out pretty good at highway speeds but still not perfect. I've never worried about it. I just need to see that something is behind me, I don't need to be able to read the licence plate.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Any dampening devices I can add to my mirrors to reduce vibration??
Very often due to poor tire balance. Did you try re-balancing your rear tire (usual culprit) and then front tire (if still needed)?

I guess you could hang a policeman's "sap" on each mirror to weight it down. Could come in handy in a Donnybrook.

prs

·
Registered
936 Posts
mine don't vibrate only when I hit a bump, but if they did while accel or cruising I would use duct tape :joke: I wouldn't worry about it unless it really impairs your vision.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts