Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of isolation fittings for my mirror mounts. My mirrors shake like crazy on highway. Any other ways to calm them down????

·
Registered
885 Posts
You are gonna get some vibration and its natural with the single pin engine.
You would be suprised how much the engine tuning effects vibration at any given speed. There are weights in the stock bar ends that help to some degree. If you didn't buy the bike new and the bars have been replaced, check and see if the weights were replaced in the new bars. I have heard of some people filling their bars with lead shot, used as a vibration dampener.
Note: The longer the mirror stems, the more transfered vibration you will experience.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Are you running with aftermarket mirrors?
I had a set of aftermarket mirrors, and they vibrated so bad they were not usable, switched back to the stockers and it went away.

Hows your front tire?
Our bikes are known for the left side of the tire to wear out quicker and also cup, If your cupped badly, that can also cause more vibration at the mirrors.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vibrating mirrors

Aftermarket drag bars with no weights. I need carb adjusted or new jets due to cobra pipes and hypercharger has thrown my fuel mixture off. My engine is very unpredictable and rough. Aftermarket mirrors that look great, but don't seem real solid. I guess I have a lot to fix

You are gonna get some vibration and its natural with the single pin engine.
You would be suprised how much the engine tuning effects vibration at any given speed. There are weights in the stock bar ends that help to some degree. If you didn't buy the bike new and the bars have been replaced, check and see if the weights were replaced in the new bars. I have heard of some people filling their bars with lead shot, used as a vibration dampener.
Note: The longer the mirror stems, the more transfered vibration you will experience.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dyna beads

Does dyna beads really help that much??? If so I may try it.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Are you running with aftermarket mirrors?
I had a set of aftermarket mirrors, and they vibrated so bad they were not usable, switched back to the stockers and it went away.
Very true. Honda did a good job in designing the mirrors. I have Arlen Ness mirrors and although I would never change back to stock, they vibrate more than the OE mirrors ever did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts