Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. .. It's Friday afternoon , the work week's almost over and I'm just wondering. (This might get me in trouble :oops: ) As I was riding my X back from lunch , I saw in the distance three white (juicy) butterflies in my path. Now last evening I spent an extra amount of time cleaning my new 2005 RED X to a spotless shine. Question ... Is there anybody else out there that would try to swerve to miss this fluttering bunch or am I a little ...... weird ? :roll:

·
Registered
443 Posts
returning from lunch...mmmm....sounds like dessert to me...go for em

·
Registered
154 Posts
Terminate as many as you can and tell the ones you miss, you'll be back! 8)

Ohh!...and then run for Governer of California.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess no one else's willing to admit to such wierdness. :lol:

·
Registered
740 Posts
After spending hours of cleaning, I avoid anything that is flying, if I can. :) The bugs here in Middleburg, Florida are as big as cats :shock:
Ever seen a Palmetto Bug? Looks like a flying roach, the size of a silver dollar. :shock:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I thought everyone played that game. Dodge Bug :D

Makes for a more exciting ride. :shock:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
storminnorm80 said:
After spending hours of cleaning, I avoid anything that is flying, if I can. :) The bugs here in Middleburg, Florida are as big as cats :shock:
Ever seen a Palmetto Bug? Looks like a flying roach, the size of a silver dollar. :shock:
Norm,
We call people from Midleburg Yankees :D
Try riding out by the glades, or lake Okeechobee
Now you understand why the Hondaline shield.
I dare you to find a single square inch of my shield without
bug guts after a weekend of riding.
Spencer :twisted:

G

·
0 Posts
Witness said:
O.K. .. It's Friday afternoon , the work week's almost over and I'm just wondering. (This might get me in trouble :oops: ) As I was riding my X back from lunch , I saw in the distance three white (juicy) butterflies in my path. Now last evening I spent an extra amount of time cleaning my new 2005 RED X to a spotless shine. Question ... Is there anybody else out there that would try to swerve to miss this fluttering bunch or am I a little ...... weird ? :roll:
I'm with you on this.......maybe we're just both weird.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
What? you think their gonna try to dodge you?!? It's every man for his self out there brother....it's kill or be killed... :shock:

:p

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
try to play dodge the love bugs in south TX. you will be in the ditch in 3 seconds flat.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I breath a sigh of relief when a bug hits me instead of the bike Its just one more the wifes gotta clean and one less for me to clean

·
Registered
740 Posts
Spencer said:
storminnorm80 said:
Norm,
We call people from Midleburg Yankees :D
Try riding out by the glades, or lake Okeechobee
Now you understand why the Hondaline shield.
I dare you to find a single square inch of my shield without
bug guts after a weekend of riding.
Spencer :twisted:
Spencer,
Whew, I'm glad I'm from MIDDLEBURG, then! :p (-10 for spelling) I don't know how you boys do it down there in the spring and summer, all those horney little bugs lookin' for a mate. :lol:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Every time you hit a butterfly, another virgin loses her... wings... damn it, how does that go? :shock: :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here in eastern NC the mosquitos will drill holes in your windshield just to get to you. But I'm with you on the flutterbys.
Does anybody have bulls-eye bug runs in their area? Here we each put a small bullseye anywhere we want on the bike, put some money in a pot, then go for a ride. Closest bug to the bullseye wins half the pot, the rest goes to charity.

_____

04 1300C candy red after I wash it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You have to differentiate between destructive moths and earth friendly butterflies all in the blink of an eye. If you smell an odor like mothballs after you hit something like you described, well.....you didn't hit a butterfly.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
XRiderChuck said:
Every time you hit a butterfly, another virgin loses her... wings... damn it, how does that go? :shock: :roll: :wink:[/quote

What the he11 is a virgin ? and where can they be found ?.........

·
Registered
431 Posts
Witness said:

I think I must have got the 4th one . I opened my air cleaner yesterday and there was butterfly intact :shock: laying inside. The old V-twin would have chewed that up if it got thru the carb :shock: Got the old trusty car vac and butterfly is no more :cry: It is a good thing to check in there now and then critters :wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts