Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I live between Joplin, and Springfield Mo; looking for more good rides.
Bought my bike about 7 months ago and have 7000 miles on it; just looking for more good roads to ride.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Go to Kansas for the scenery and that lovely smell of fedlots as you cruise the highways.
I hear ya. Can't say much about MO, I try to avoid the state if at all possible. Let me know if ya ever make it over here, I can show ya a few feedlot-less hiways. And paved roads too.

·
Registered
780 Posts
You might have tried sites like this but here's a link to Mo. motorcycle roads:
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/mo.html

Also, I purchased a program called "Back Roads Explorer" ($50) which is 17 cd's of roads on top of topographic maps that allows you to do an excellent job of picking and plotting twisty roads with good changes in elevation.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good roads

Hey Pegs Just go south any where along the Arkansas border is good riding. Either side of the line is great.

Hey JayHawk In this part of the state it's the Missouri roads that are better all the roads in Kansas are dirt! They all have to come to Joplin for jobs, to shop, to do anything.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey poetoflife,
I come out to your area often, My dad lives in Miller, and younger brother works in Mt. Vernon. Was just out there News Years. Give me your contact info, next time I'm out there we'll ride down to Lamberts for lunch, havent had a tossed roll in a while, and sure do miss their ribs, best I have ever had.

·
Registered
104 Posts
JayHawkX said:
Congrats!
No Congradulation needed, it's a curse :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
S**t, I live in Springfield and several hiways spring to mind 125 being one of them. I ride mainly with a bunch of sport bikes and we are out most often on the weekends.

·
Registered
169 Posts
interesting that folks from KANSAS... WIDELY accepted as the flatest most boring state in the union to drive through... are trashing missouri roads
:lol:

·
Registered
873 Posts
stlouisblues said:
interesting that folks from KANSAS... WIDELY accepted as the flatest most boring state in the union to drive through... are trashing missouri roads

Thats what Im talking about.... :?

I just ran 400 miles Sunday. Highway 21 from Ellington to St. Louis. Highway 32 from 21 to Success, Mo. Then Highway 17 through Houston Mo, On through Eminence, (can you say deliverance?). Great run.

A recent moto mag ran from pennslyvannia to southeast Mo. They rated the roads around Wappapello Lake as the highlight of the trip. Now that doesn't speak very well for some of the eastern states.

Also highways 185 , 8, 72, 34, 49. All in the vicinity of Clearwater lake and Wappapello lake are all great twistys through the Mo. ozarks.

Also Mad Maps lists the top 3 rides in every state in the union. Near you coming in at #3 in Mo. St #90 from Noel to Washburn.

Keep in mind that this isn't The Rocky Mountains, The Blue Ridge Parkway or Deals Gap.. :) But you've got to travel a few more miles to get to those.

·
Registered
450 Posts
transplanted in TX

Some of the best riding in the country is in the Ozarks. I could show you some serious board scraping rides south of Joplin.
And Lamberts is the bomb, now if you want the best brisket dinner with more pie that you can name, unreal food for cheap, slide through Golden City MO. (Cookies Cafe)Those ole farm boys know how to eat and some of them boys ride too.
Kansas :roll:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
As one whop frequents the SW MO area, (my sales area), I have seen my fair share of nice MO roads in the Ozarks. My best suggestion is heading the back way to Branson, through Cassville, stop by roaring river and catch you a Rainblw Trout, then head over the ridge to Branson and take in a show, then run down to Arkysaws and see Eureka and then come back through Pea Ridge, B'Ville (otherwise know as Wal Mart ville) and come on up scenic 71 back to Joplin. I am thinking we need to put a run together. the Four state run!
And it is not only the KS who work, shop and eat in Joplin, there are plenty of plates that say is Oklahoma is OK!
What a stupid saying, <rant> what genius came up with that, why not OK is OUTSTANDING, or EXCELLENT, talk about having an inferiority complex, we are just OK <rant over>

·
Registered
760 Posts
Best Roads in MO are in ARK

We have a great bunch of Arkie X-ers that ride often. Just check the Ark-X-riders board here for rides. One of our favorite riding buds come down from MO to ride with us . You are always welcome to join us and our Oklahoma friends we are doing something......K-dog

·
Registered
819 Posts
stlouisblues said:
oh please...KS is not even in the top 3... NE, IA & Eastern WA all blow them away! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts