Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a couple of years I’ve using the Mobil 1 4t 10w 40 ….. but my mechanic says the MOTUL 7100 is a better oil, would like to know your opinions guys, if there’s somebody that uses both oils and wich could be the best for my 1800

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
I've used the Mobil 4T for years now. As stated, readily available, and less $$ than the Motul. Never compared specs of the 2, but i can't see the benefit of the Motul over the Mobil. If you want to drink/ pay for Chateau LaFitte Rothschild '57 instead of A lesser Champagne, go for it. Your $$. If it gives you warm fuzzies its your business. We get these discussions all the time about Mobil over Rotella, for example.

·
Registered
2006 1800S VTX
1,300 Posts
The type of riding I do doesn't require fancy oil. I do not race, I don't pull heavy loads, my engine is water cooled, and I change oil and filter somewhere around 3,000 miles. Buying expensive oil for me is a waste of money. I have had one engine failure, due to a design problem of an oil line in 59 years of riding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For a couple of years I’ve using the Mobil 1 4t 10w 40 ….. but my mechanic says the MOTUL 7100 is a better oil, would like to know your opinions guys, if there’s somebody that uses both oils and wich could be the best for my 1800
Hi, I ride 2005 VTX1800R3 A model. I used MOTUL 10w-40 once in 2015 and it was not worth. It is green color oil.It will mess-up your clutch shifting. I had to flush out couple of time to clean up inside of engine. I restart using HP4 10w-40 synthetic/petroleum blend. I rather use genuine HP4 oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts