Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any exp or recommendations when it comes to to mobile apps for motorcycles? like rever or eat sleep ride?

·
Registered
131 Posts
For tracking Spotwalla with bubbler pro on my phone.
I previewed a few of the others like Rever and ESR and personally I wasn't very impressed. The whole social aspect actually annoyed me.

I'd be interested to hear some other perspectives. ?

·
Registered
6,633 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Rever

I like Rever. I love it for planning my routes. It includes Butler maps, so I can drag waypoints around on a map and create my rides over good roads while also seeing the mileage and expected ride time. You can also set no highways and toll roads when planning. You can export both the planned and recorded routes to a GPX file for moving it to another program.

It also records the ride, but that's not a big deal to me, but sometimes nice to have.
I use it on the bike with my iPhone mounted on the handlebars. It can give you turn by turn instructions or follow the blue line. I think the turn by turn doesn't always match my route so I like to follow the blue line.
I've used it a couple of years and really like it. I've never used the social aspects of the software, just use it for my trips, which are usually solo.

·
Registered
27,790 Posts
What's an app? I have a flip phone to t-a-l-k to people, when I'm not in the saddle.

I also have a flip phone, with data.
I have Weather Radar, that's IT!

And furthermore, I lied to everybody & told them my plan was so old, I have to pay to send
or read Texts.
If they want to communicate with me, call, if I don't answer, leave a voice mail. >:)

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
I also have a flip phone, with data.
I have Weather Radar, that's IT!

And furthermore, I lied to everybody & told them my plan was so old, I have to pay to send
or read Texts.
If they want to communicate with me, call, if I don't answer, leave a voice mail. >:)
I don't have my phone always on or with me. People say my voicebox to leave a message is full. I don't care to know how to access it. I periodically look at the recent call log. If I recognize the #, I'll call back. Robo calls....soliciting calls....phone scams....give me a long piece of string and 2 tin cans. Or a good set of lungs.

·
Registered
27,790 Posts
I don't have my phone always on or with me. People say my voicebox to leave a message is full. I don't care to know how to access it. I periodically look at the recent call log. If I recognize the #, I'll call back. Robo calls....soliciting calls....phone scams....give me a long piece of string and 2 tin cans. Or a good set of lungs.

I always carry my phone. In case of an emergency, not because I'm going to miss a call.
Also, my housemate isn't in the best of health. There's been a few times she called to tell me she was heading to the hospital.

AFA unwanted calls, my phone has built in "Call Rejection".
I go to my calls list, highlight the #, open Options, and ad it to the list.

Also, I assign different ring tones to certain ppl. If I get a regular r-t, it can wait until the next time I stop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts