Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday may be a possible riding day. It's supposed to be in the low to mid 40's with sunshine all day. The rain we had Saturday washed all the salt off the streets. I have to work but it should be a light week and I'm hoping to be able to get out for a couple of hours by early afternoon. Anyone else up for riding???

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
...Hell, I would've been out cruisin for a few hours today, that is if my ride wasn't packed away at dealer winter storage!!! :mad:

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
Be careful of sand!!!! Many areas are dropping a sand&salt mix again this winter. Like all of Fox River Valley. We have drifts of sand in the intersections that compete with the snow drifts :-?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark and Jorge,

As I said, I do have to work on Monday and I won't know for sure if I can ride until around noon (depends on how much stuff I get thrown at me during the morning). Watch the Illinois board and I'll post up as soon as I know. Hope some others can join us as well and, if I end up tied to my desk for the day, hopefully all who are interested can still together and ride. Steve

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had planned to take a conservative ride to Doyles for lunch today. I was going to be there ~12:30 have lunch then another leisurely ride after lunch. :eat1:

Yesterday, I drove in the car to check conditions in my area, pretty washed of salt. A few damp areas in shaded portions and as Spike said there is sand in intersections and some road edges. (hence leisurely and conservative ride)

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
I'm out... to much risk! I still have ice and slush on the roads. Maybe it'll get better in the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Semi, I don't think I can get started early enough to meet you at Doyle's, although yours sounds like an excellent plan. As of now, it's looking like I'll be heading out to ride around 1:30 PM or so.

Jorge (and anyone else up for a ride today) - if you have today off and can leave earlier, would you like to meet up somewhere near my place...say, the Chili's parking lot at the corner of Higgins and Barrington Rd. in Hoffman Estates? Possible route may be out Rt. 72 to Hampshire, then south to Rt. 64, then back east and home.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Change of plans...turns out I have much more to do today than I thought I was going to have. Heading out now for a quick lunch ride to a friend's restaurant in C'Ville, then back home and back to work. To anyone who rides today, be safe!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
..and a great little lunch ride it was. :D Not far, only about 12 miles out to C'ville and an excellent beef sandwich at Luke's, then back home to the grindstone. Still, it felt good to be back on the X after nearly a month of no riding. The streets are all clear with no salt on them and the sun shining was a welcome sight. A little windy out there today though, so be careful if you do head out for a two-wheel ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts