Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

There is another thread here setting up a Iron butt ride to Montana. I was thinking about this a while ago after our Pizza (500 miles) Ride. A "Montana for a Burger" ride was suggested. This is easy a 1000 mile ride. Any interest. Straight east on I90 to someplace in Montana for a Burger and straight back I90.

Thoughts
Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
July is truly shot for me......Also, a later date would cut the heat, which would be a real killer......End of Sep/Early Oct?? Sounds like fun, though!!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
When? I just could be game for this. It would have to be on a week-end though.. got work... (ugh)

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
And I can only go on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. :?

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
WOW Montana just for a burger. Yikes. I really don't think my bottom could handle that. I could manage the pizza ride.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My wife wanted her IB for her birthday a few years back and that exactly what we did. She sat on the stock passenger pad for 1000 frigging miles out to Montana and back.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yikes!

That's seriously hard core!

Good on the both of ya!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Hey Randy... Was just thinking about this one.
If the intent of this ride is an Iron Butt Cert (be silly not to given the distance), then I'm not sure Montana is the best place.

It's been a few years since I've been through there, but last I remember good highways are not a priority in the Idaho panhandle. In fact, the last time I was through there the roads were pretty bad. Great scenery, but the roads weren't good. If we're trying for an IB, I'm not sure we'd want to give up the time, especially since it's a round trip, and we'd have to come through there twice.

Just thinkin out loud.

Boise would be a cleaner trip. Better roads all the way down. Gas stations can get sparse but they can the other way too. :)

Personally, I'd want to do a run like this in smaller packs (no more than 4 bikes). That way, you have enough people to keep the momentum up, and keep you motivated, but not so many that "somebody always needs to stop & pee, or wants water, or....

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Just made both of those runs Dave. The trip to Montana was nicer and more scenic (for me anyway) than the run to Boise. Not being argumentative- was on both runs in the last 30 days.

Personally like the sound of a 6 pack better :D
but 4 bikes in a group would MTL work better!
Also 2 more words for the long runs. Cruise Control!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts