Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My latest package is on a 2 week national tour.. check the route from HDL to Kentucky.

Apr 11, 2005

10:57 pm Departed FedEx sort facility NASHVILLE, TN
1:03 pm Scanned at FedEx sort facility NASHVILLE, TN

Apr 9, 2005

4:19 am Arrived at FedEx sort facility NASHVILLE, TN
12:26 am Departed FedEx sort facility MEMPHIS, TN

Apr 8, 2005

6:46 pm Scanned at FedEx sort facility MEMPHIS, TN
6:32 pm Scanned at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

Apr 6, 2005

7:37 pm Scanned at FedEx sort facility ST. PAUL, MN
7:32 pm Scanned at FedEx location ST. PAUL, MN
3:08 pm Scanned at FedEx sort facility ST. PAUL, MN

Apr 2, 2005

10:35 am Departed FedEx sort facility ORLANDO, FL
4:20 am Scanned at FedEx sort facility ORLANDO, FL
12:23 am Arrived at FedEx sort facility ORLANDO, FL

Apr 1, 2005

9:01 pm Departed FedEx sort facility FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
7:11 pm Loaded onto trailer at FedEx facility FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
7:06 pm Scanned at FedEx origin location FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
5:11 pm Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
4:23 pm Package information transmitted to FedEx FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Opps looks like somebody put her on the wrong truck! :shock: My son worked for them for a short time in the middle of the night transfering packages, scanning them and lot of times they were short of help...so imagine a kid (19) half asleep with no help and lot of presssure...I'm not surprised at package shipping mistakes. Our last package went to TN and then nothing showed online for a couple of days as to where it was till the actually morning it was being delievered. She went into a black hole for a couple of days it seems but that morning it showed she hit Kansas City and then came here to OK...guess the kid was half asleep scanning them there??? :roll:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Stumpy said:
My latest package is on a 2 week national tour.. check the route from HDL to Kentucky.
I've had the same thing happen twice, once fedex and once ups. It only seems to happen with motorcycle parts though? How are you having your Proton 4 shipped? Brinks truck? luck to ya, Lep

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stumpy,

Can you send me the tracking number so that I can have a conversation with FedEx?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sent. Thanks Hal

Its showing it made the jump from nashville to eastern Ky overnight and out for delivery now.

Chrome Truck Is Comin'! :)

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
Looks like what ever U have Coming Showed up at My Place today :D :D Thank You!! hehehehehehe

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
Stumpy said:
:shock:

:eek: Step Away From The Package!

:?: :?: Should I Open it :?: :?: HMMMMMM Tht is the Question :lol: :lol: Could I Use It :wink: :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know whats in it. I have ordered a bunch of things lately to finish up my bike and forgot what I ordered when. lol .. But I can tell you .. Its Chrome! :)

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
Stumpy said:
I dont know whats in it. I have ordered a bunch of things lately to finish up my bike and forgot what I ordered when. lol .. But I can tell you .. Its Chrome! :)

So, what did Ya Get :D :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
The last package I ordered from HDL got split up into two boxes. One went FedEx and the other UPS. Both shipped the same day. I got the UPS box in 2 days, the FedEx box took a week.

Go figure.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
KnuckleHead said:
The last package I ordered from HDL got split up into two boxes. One went FedEx and the other UPS. Both shipped the same day. I got the UPS box in 2 days, the FedEx box took a week.

Go figure.
That's what I'm talkin bout bro! :lol:

Seriously, with the large volume that major carriers handle, mistakes happen. However, I'll say that UPS has stepped up its commitment to service in 05. Management is much stricter this year. For instance, in the past, if I had a missload on my truck, normal procedure was to just "sheet it up" as missload and turn it in at the end of the day. Now we have to notify our center immediately and someone will drive in their POV and come and get it.

But, as was said, it comes down to a young kid in the middle of the night getting it sent down the correct belt :) Packages get missorted everyday. If you ever track a UPS package and see something wrong call 1800PICKUPS and log a complaint. The service level will get upgraded to (1 or 2 day AIR) and it will get there faster.

Eric

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ericthered said:
KnuckleHead said:

Go figure.
If you ever track a UPS package and see something wrong call 1800PICKUPS and log a complaint. The service level will get upgraded to (1 or 2 day AIR) and it will get there faster.

Eric
FedEx wont upgrade squat. I called when it was in Minnesota asked them if they could stop the package at the next terminal and forward it on to me a lil faster. They said no. Then they promised I would receive it on saturday. That didnt happen either. When I called saturday I got the same BS again. Really it was a joke to listen to their BS. Very incompitent service.

As for USP .. I recieved an email from them guaranteed to have a dif package by end of biz day yesterday .. didnt happen either .. it showed up late this afternoon.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I had my first ever problem with an order from HDL last week via FedEx. Order was OK all the way from Florida as I tracked it. Tracking said it was to be delivered that morning (friday Apr 1) so fortunately I was home all day. By 6pm nothing. I went online and checked tracking again and it said "package delivered to customer, 10:20 am"!!! No way...I was home all day, didnt leave once just so as not to miss the delivery. I called FedEx and they actually argued with me stating it WAS delivered to you Sir. Finally agreed they would have the delivery driver call me. I stupidly figured it would be in the near future...Saturday came and went, Sunday came and went and nothing. Monday morning the driver called me and told me he had mistakenly delivered the package to another residence on Friday, would go by and pick it up later. I got the address and picked it up myself. Man, what a goat rope!! :twisted:

·
Registered
313 Posts
FedEx

Calling FedEx is a waste of time, breath, and blood pressure.

FedEx NEVER makes a mistake. The customer is always wrong. And you have a lot of nerve complaining.

When they delivered my son's 17"monitor to the wrong address, they REFUSED to pick it up. They flat told him their responsibility ended when they delivered the "main" package, the computer, and he should "leave them the hell alone! Stop calling." After 3 weeks trying to get the deliveryman to take it back, the recipient (A hospital) finally called the boy directly and he carried it on his back through 12 blocks of snow in downtown D.C. He had paid $65 EXTRA for FedEx expedited service, and they wouldn't even refund his charges on the package they NEVER delivered.

And they LOVE to rub in the fact that "YOU ARE NOT OUR CUSTOMER, THE SHIPPER IS!!!!!"

But more and more, I everywhere encounter "customer service" that has only one function: To defend the incompetence of the company and blame the customer for the company's mistakes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts