Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I have added some pipes and an air kit, what other bolt on's can I add to get more power? Would an aftermarket coil like accell help out? I don't want to get into the heads just yet, the bike's only a month old and I don't want to void the warranty. :mcrider:

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Paint it black :) :) :)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Marsman said:
OK guys, I have added some pipes and an air kit, what other bolt on's can I add to get more power? Would an aftermarket coil like accell help out? I don't want to get into the heads just yet, the bike's only a month old and I don't want to void the warranty. :mcrider:
Before you paint it black how about showing us some pictures of it red :wink:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not much left to do until some performance parts are made for the engine. You might at some point shave the heads, but I have never thought the gains from this were worth the pain.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black??? I said MORE power!

I'll get some pics of it up soon. Anybody got an opinion on a new coil?

Before you paint it black how about showing us some pictures of it red :wink:

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
The stock coils will hold well past the 5250 red line. Even modified I don't believe you would need hotter coils. Hot coils are needed for high compression /high RPM and or turbocharger/supercharger use.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Silver, so it looks like I got all I'm going to get until I tear into the heads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts