Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
German GP is on in 15 minutes (11 MST). Hayden finally made it to the podium in Assen, maybe he can do it again?? Stoner is still kicking Rossi's but, but I think valentino as had enough...We'll see!!

P.S. it's on network TV. CBS I think??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
Wish I'd seen this earlier! Didn't know it was on a major network! I have the calendar marked for July 21 at 9:00 (EDT) on the Speed channel...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HairOnFire said:
Wish I'd seen this earlier! Didn't know it was on a major network! I have the calendar marked for July 21 at 9:00 (EDT) on the Speed channel...
Yes Laguna Seca qualifying is on speed Sat. night and the race is on Fox Sunday. Live @ 2pm Pacific I believe. Looks like Nicky is finally getting the new bike figured out. He made it from a 14th place start to 3rd today, so maybe he can pull off the hat trick at Lagna!?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
I confess.... we are a Ducatista family! :shock:

Ever since my 15 year old son saw his first Daytona 200 (when it was still AMA Superbike) a few years ago and Ducati held the lead by a ridiculous margin until it suffered an "Italian electrical failure" we have not been able to shake the intoxicating sound of that V-twin coming down the front straightaway...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HairOnFire said:
I confess.... we are a Ducatista family! :shock:

Ever since my 15 year old son saw his first Daytona 200 (when it was still AMA Superbike) a few years ago and Ducati held the lead by a ridiculous margin until it suffered an "Italian electrical failure" we have not been able to shake the intoxicating sound of that V-twin coming down the front straightaway...
Aaahhh, yes..... We used to go to the world superbike races at Brainerd MN back when The Duc's were untouchable. Until you have heard one at redline running 170+MPH you just can't understand he sensation!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,993 Posts
I went to Texas World Speedway and watched the grand final some years ago for the AMA Roadracing series and Ragun Cajun Jamie James won the 600cc Super Sport class and had a flat trying to win against Scott Russell and lost because of it. I used to race flat track against Jamie, so I was going to support him.....Well, the one thing I remember most was the sound of the Ducati's on the front straight. When I first heard it....I thought...."who's got a V8 on the track".....hehehe

I have told my son....you gotta one time in your life to hear them and you wont forget them.


............................twin


.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
black hills said:
Aaahhh, yes..... We used to go to the world superbike races at Brainerd MN back when The Duc's were untouchable. Until you have heard one at redline running 170+MPH you just can't understand he sensation!!
The boy is 15 and shopping for a bike so when his learner's permit allows next year he'll have the money saved. Don't think he can mow enough lawns for a 1098, but a Monster 650... maybe. More like a Suzi SV650... the v-twin rush without the Duc pricetag and maintenance woes... but we can dream...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HairOnFire said:
black hills said:
Aaahhh, yes..... We used to go to the world superbike races at Brainerd MN back when The Duc's were untouchable. Until you have heard one at redline running 170+MPH you just can't understand he sensation!!
The boy is 15 and shopping for a bike so when his learner's permit allows next year he'll have the money saved. Don't think he can mow enough lawns for a 1098, but a Monster 650... maybe. More like a Suzi SV650... the v-twin rush without the Duc pricetag and maintenance woes... but we can dream...
A monster would be way cool!! A friend had an M900, awesome hooligan bike!! You can always dream. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
I get the definite sense of some latent Ducatista on this forum... I shoulda Known! :lol: 8) :shock: 8)

... and glad to know we're not alone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
I did a little research last night after watching the qualifying. Didn't realize the specs had changed for Moto GP or that Duc was running something other than the v-twin.

This from Wikepedia... Could have something to do with Stoner's 6th win this season, eh?

GP7
800 cc bike, four cylinders. Approximately 230 bhp, at 19500 rpm. 340+ km/h top speed (Confirmed 337.2 km/h (209.6 mph)[2].

Began testing at the Brno Track where Loris Capirossi won the day before riding the GP6, on the 21st of August. Lap times were only 1.4 seconds off his track record time.

Further testing of the GP7 in Motegi, Japan, revealed that the 800 cc machine could run faster laps than the higher-displacement 990 cc bikes, and held nearly a second advantage over the next fastest 800 cc (Pedrosa's Honda).

In the opening race of the 2007 MotoGP season and the 800 cc era in Qatar the GP7 machine was ridden to victory by Ducati's new acquisition Casey Stoner. The new bike clearly showed its surplus of power over the rest of the grid, especially on the straight parts of the track, concluding with the new track record over the last year's. Second place contender and former World champion, Yamaha's Valentino Rossi testified that "unfortunately, there was too much difference between (our) bikes in the straight" and "Our Yamaha will never go as quick on a straight as the Ducati."

Was noted in motosprint as of the Le Mans Grand Prix to have a 20 hp advantage over Honda and Yamaha. As well as a significant speed advantage, throughout the season so far. Also there are other aerodynamic settings to increase top speeds if needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ducati definately has the best bike this year, and now that Stoner has quit falling down every other race they have the best rider too... Rossi was 26 seconds behind Stoner today!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
September 2008!!
They're tearing out the F1 track they put in and replacing with a GP course (all of this is after the Brickyard, of course).
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top