Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here again wondering how many here actually belong or have be affiliated with a Motorcycle Club. I know no Angels are here being this is a "Rice Bike" board. I am not talking about the generic Honda rider clubs and such but more of a true members only type of club.

With the threads I have read here and how close you guys seem to be I was wondering if you were affiliated with each other outside this forum.

·
Registered
358 Posts
VTXOA and your state VTX club will do alot for you if you keep in contact. i.e. rides,benefits

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
I do not believe to many MC's will allow Metric's :roll::roll:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I am a member of Southern Cruisers. To be specific Southern Cruisers is a "riding" club and not a motorcycle club. The distinction is to separate us from the Hell's Angels and other 1% clubs. It is a great organization and my local chapter really came to my aid when I had my accident. They paid my towing fees and insurance deductible. I would never have asked for so much. I find it an imposition to ask for a gallon of gas if I run out on the road. So I took the position of Eagle Rescue Coordinator. I am happy to bring you a can of gas when you run out, or a trailer when you break down. Best bike club I have ever been involved with. :firstplace:

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
I wouldn't mind being part of a "riders" club, if I knew of any close by here. The "motorcycle" clubs, by definition, are too hard core for my mellow self, and there aren't any of those around here either. At least none that make a presence. I enjoy the motorcycle by myself, and occasionally with 2 or 3 others. Just don't need to ride with 10 or more others to feel good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am member of Defenders MC. We are a law enforcement, ems/firefighter, and military club. Really a great bunch of guys that has more then the motorcycle to bond us together. We have a chapter opening in Raleigh the end of this month.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Club... no. but i am a member of an association. Christian Motorcyclist Association aka CMA.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I wouldn't mind being part of a "riders" club, if I knew of any close by here. The "motorcycle" clubs, by definition, are too hard core for my mellow self, and there aren't any of those around here either. At least none that make a presence. I enjoy the motorcycle by myself, and occasionally with 2 or 3 others. Just don't need to ride with 10 or more others to feel good.
There is an SCRC chapter in Potomac, Md. Rides with SCRC are arranged on a chapter by chapter basis. Some ride with large groups to attend rallies and others just ride with some close friends. We have over 60 members in our chapter but group rides are usually about 5 to 8 bikes total. Some of us join to find other bikers with the same bike to help with maintenance and installation of mods. Many times we just send out an email about a ride. This spring a member was riding to the coast to cash in a dealer coupon and asked others who were interested to ride along. So my buddy "Cracker" and I rode down with him. That is how a lot of rides come together. Some don't like large groups so they will leave later with 3 or 4 bikes and meet up with the large group at the rally.
I like it all. Small and large groups and also riding alone so I can stop when and where I want. To check on groups in your area go to: http://www.southerncruisers.net/
and click on chapter listings. It doesn't cost to join and there are no monthly dues. It is about riding.

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
I am member of Defenders MC. We are a law enforcement, ems/firefighter, and military club. Really a great bunch of guys that has more then the motorcycle to bond us together. We have a chapter opening in Raleigh the end of this month.

I heard from a local fire fighter that He was NOT welcome to join becuase He had a Yammi :twisted::twisted:

And He has been a fire fighter for 5+ years...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Club... no. but i am a member of an association. Christian Motorcyclist Association aka CMA.
Technically, CMA is an M/M. That is a motorcycle ministry.
Quite a few M/M's around.
LOT of R/C's (riders clubs)
Many small local M/C's without 1%ers (but still accepted by the major clubs), full of wannabe's.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Technically, CMA is an M/M. That is a motorcycle ministry.
Quite a few M/M's around.
LOT of R/C's (riders clubs)
Many small local M/C's without 1%ers (but still accepted by the major clubs), full of wannabe's.
Good LORD!! Who knew riding a motorcyle could be so dam confusing:yikes:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I would like to here more about this as I live in Raleigh. Just looking for the comradarie... I am prior military as well.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I am a member of Southern Cruisers. To be specific Southern Cruisers is a "riding" club and not a motorcycle club. The distinction is to separate us from the Hell's Angels and other 1% clubs. It is a great organization and my local chapter really came to my aid when I had my accident. They paid my towing fees and insurance deductible. I would never have asked for so much. I find it an imposition to ask for a gallon of gas if I run out on the road. So I took the position of Eagle Rescue Coordinator. I am happy to bring you a can of gas when you run out, or a trailer when you break down. Best bike club I have ever been involved with. :firstplace:
Ditto on the Southern Cruisers RIDING Club here. Chapter 88 Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area. Good group of people who share a common goal of motorcycle riding and eating, especially stopping at all ice cream shops!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I heard from a local fire fighter that He was NOT welcome to join becuase He had a Yammi :twisted::twisted:

And He has been a fire fighter for 5+ years...

I didnt have any problem joining at all. There are more harleys then anything else but we have a mix of everthing v-twin.

What chapter did he try to join????

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have been a member of the southern cruisers for 9 years..

the chapter i belong to is very social.. good rides good people and good hearts.. lots of charity events and group dinners family breakfasts in the off season..

overall a good experience for me.. but it doesent really matter what the riding group is its the fit for you.. that counts

1 - 20 of 37 Posts