Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the best place to get motorcycle decals on the internet? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
dawgscyclegrafix.com He is a member here and has tons of VTX stuff.
Purpleharley.com has some good lookiing stuff as well

Also try www.x-cessories.net click metric then click other items i think. Some good looking stuff here also.

Lots of folks have Dawg's stuff here so I'm sure you'll get some more info on him. Very good service from what i hear

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I can do Full Custom Decals for you if you have a Concept or Idea that you want to do. If you have your own Graphic I can also convert it to a Custom Graphic as well. In Most cases I can do a custom cheaper then most do Clip Art. I also have some Ready made decals to choose from.

If you have your own Custom Design in mind just go here

http://dawgscyclegrafix.com/Decalscust.htm

Or To see what I have made up already go here

http://dawgscyclegrafix.com/Decals.htm

DAWG

·
Registered
770 Posts
I gotta say again...almost all the decals out there that I have see are just too small to look real. Nobody that knows how to paint a motorcycle would go to the trouble to just paint a little graphic or a flame.
This is why I haven't used them and if I do I will have to buy a bunch of little flames to look like a real paint job.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
shivaman said:
I gotta say again...almost all the decals out there that I have see are just too small to look real. Nobody that knows how to paint a motorcycle would go to the trouble to just paint a little graphic or a flame.
This is why I haven't used them and if I do I will have to buy a bunch of little flames to look like a real paint job.
That's not neccesarily true. I have done some designs that cover pretty much 75 to 80% of the tank. Now grant it if you want full 100% design coverage then deffinitely go with a paint job.

What it comes down to, for some is Cost, or they are not sure what they want so they are looking for a Temp solution, or if they are like me, They like to change out their design every couple of months. :D

One thing you DO NOT want to do is judge all Decals by what you see out there. There are a few studios like mine that will do custom work. Beware of the Clip art Places

DAWG

·
Registered
103 Posts
shivaman said:
Tapeworks has a line of kits for cruisers, mostly flames and tribal stuff. I saw a couple of flame kits that I'd put on my bike.

http://www.tapeworks.com/Pages/GenericK ... isers.html

·
Registered
251 Posts
Tapeworks is located not far from the dealer I bought my bike from. Since it was the last '04 on the floor, I guess the dealer wanted to attract some attention to it, so they had Tapeworks install one of their flame kits on it. I left the flames on for a couple of days trying to decide if I wanted to keep them or not and finally decided they had to go. Nothing against Tapeworks, though. They do good work and their kits seem to be good quality.

I took some pics before I pulled the flames off. I'll post them tonight when I get home if anyone's interested.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
The good thing about My stuff is that I can do custom work, especialy if you want to stay away from Clip art or the ole Skull and Flame routine.

Also ALL of our my designs can be resized to fit any place you want.

We are a Graphic Arts Studio NOT a Sign Shop as most of those places are. That is how we are able to do Custom work.

I have done quite a bit of work with Guys who have been working with their own designs but had no way to put them on their bikes. With many people using Photoshop or any of the other like programs it is quite easy to design your own bike graphics.

The good side about that is when you show up for "Bike Nite" somewhere, You can HONESTLY say "That is MY Design" not "I got this from a sign shop"

DAWG

·
Registered
289 Posts
dawg i want some tank decals simmilar to what gosteryder has above, accept i want them bigger my bike is pearl orange can you do this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Dawg. I just bought a Tribal26 from you. I hope it looks as good as the pic. Especially if I install it correctly. You have some cool shiznit.
I will be calling you soon to do something custom. I have some ideas but I do not have the comp. programs to do the work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
NC-XMan said:
Here's some before and after pics of my bike with and without a Tapeworks flame kit.

Jeff

XMan,

How hard was it to remove? From what I can tell in the pictures (yours and the ones on Tapeworks' website), their kits actually look pretty good. I'd considered doing one if I knew that I could remove it without too much trouble or risk of damage.

·
Registered
251 Posts
XMan,

How hard was it to remove? From what I can tell in the pictures (yours and the ones on Tapeworks' website), their kits actually look pretty good. I'd considered doing one if I knew that I could remove it without too much trouble or risk of damage.
Mine were pretty easy to remove. I just used a hair dryer for a few seconds to lift up an edge and started peeling... probably didn't take more than 10-15 minutes to remove the whole kit and they didn't leave any residue at all. Probably the only risk of damage would be scratching your paint getting an edge lifted, dropping a hair dryer on your tank :cry:, that type of thing.

As I mentioned earlier, I didn't think the flames looked bad. I had 3 reasons for removing them. First, I was worried that the stealer had them put on to cover up a huge scratch or something :x . Second, I thought if I left them on too long and later wanted to take them off, you may be able to see the outline of where they had been. And, third, I just think that the X has such great lines and flames and such take your attention away from the lines of the bike.

Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts