Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any ideas of a good reasonable motorcycle lift that works good? What have you got and what price range is it. Im looking just not sure what to get for my 1800. Thx

·
Registered
205 Posts
There are several sources for decent to good lifts. Quite a few, myself included, use a Sears lift/jack. Go to sears.com, Tools, and search motorcycle lift. You will see three lifts, all are good to excellent. The red lift is the least expensive but some have clearance issues getting it under the bike. The aluminum lifts work like a charm. Just my .02.

You also should get a PepsX bike stand. Well worth every penny.

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
Use the Search feature and U will find Tons of Posts on this subject..

Me, I like the Sears Aluminum one..

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
There are several sources for decent to good lifts. Quite a few, myself included, use a Sears lift/jack. Go to sears.com, Tools, and search motorcycle lift. You will see three lifts, all are good to excellent. The red lift is the least expensive but some have clearance issues getting it under the bike. The aluminum lifts work like a charm. Just my .02.

You also should get a PepsX bike stand. Well worth every penny.
I have the red one. Love it and works very well. I do have to put a X under the kick stand to slide the lift under the bike. Plus 1 on the PepsX stand. Sure do wish I had one.

Like Kevin said. Do a search more info than you can handle. Just save your time and go and get one.

Peace
Moon

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
Sears Craftsman Pro Aluminum. About 200 bucks or less if on sale. Best jack out there. Get a cheap one and you will be complaining.

The Pepsx stand looks to be quality to me. A good jack and you will not need it. Just my opinion as lots of folks swear by their Pepsx stand.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My jack is the Harbor Freight model. Works just like it's supposed to. Reasonable price. bill

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sears Craftsman Pro Aluminum. About 200 bucks or less if on sale. Best jack out there. Get a cheap one and you will be complaining.

The Pepsx stand looks to be quality to me. A good jack and you will not need it. Just my opinion as lots of folks swear by their Pepsx stand.
It was on sale for less than $100. I bought one last week. I agreed with Dan.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I got the red one from Sears for Christmas, but have not had a chance to use it yet. Several people on this site say it's a good jack.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have the red Craftsman lift and it works perfectly fine. I am considering selling it and buying the yellow Craftsman lift only because it has a lower clearance height (3-1/2" clearance vs 5" clearance for the red). I installed 11" Progressive shocks on my C and now need to roll the bike onto a slab of 2x8 to get it high enough so the jack will slide under the frame. It's more of an inconvenience thing than anything else. BTW: the Sears yellow lift is on sale right now for $180.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950191000P?mv=rr

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've got the Harbor Frieght jack and am not too happy with it. I guess I keep getting the lemon's cause I've returned two of them only to have the 3rd one do the same thing.

When lowering the bike it'll buck, jerk and shake the bike to holy he!!. Bout had to clean my shorts out a few times. I've tried everything I know to do to resolve this issue but nothing works.

Others seem to have good luck with this jack but I wouldn't recommend it. I plan on getting the Sears yellow jack.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've got a couple of them. One is a big red which I used to use a lot and got it from Pep boys. The other one is a direct lift which I use the most now.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Anyone got any ideas of a good reasonable motorcycle lift that works good? What have you got and what price range is it. Im looking just not sure what to get for my 1800. Thx
I used the Harbor Freight $75 ATV lift for my 1800 when I had it. I also bouguht a pepsx stand since I didn't trust any lift holding the bike up for days. I still have the ATV lift and have even used it on small cars for a tire change.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
My jack is the Harbor Freight model. Works just like it's supposed to. Reasonable price. bill

:agree: I got 2 of them (one for each bike) and they work great. For the price of these two I guess I could have got one of the Sears ones.... Nahhhhhh

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
I've got the Harbor Frieght jack and am not too happy with it. I guess I keep getting the lemon's cause I've returned two of them only to have the 3rd one do the same thing.

When lowering the bike it'll buck, jerk and shake the bike to holy he!!. Bout had to clean my shorts out a few times. I've tried everything I know to do to resolve this issue but nothing works.

Others seem to have good luck with this jack but I wouldn't recommend it. I plan on getting the Sears yellow jack.

Yep, it does come down fast.... and I tried to adjust the speed without luck and had to return that bottle for another one. But, as long as you know what to expect (a fast decent)..... you can prepare for it and plan accordingly. It works for me......

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
Even the Sears Yellow one comes down fast if you're not careful. But if you are, it will come down smooth and slow. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts