Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally completed the MSF course this weekend. WOW! It was very good. I was a little surprised that it was not an automatic pass for everyone. A few did not pass. I did not know that things were timed and that speed was important for the final test. I did not stay all the way in the box and I went too fast on the breaking so I went too far. I did learn a few things even though I have been riding for almost 30 years. I did look funny on the Suzuki DR 200 considering I am 6 foot and about 350 lbs. It did sigh as I walked away for the last time but it performed very well. Everyone should take this course no matter how much experience they have.

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
:congrats:

Even if you are an "experienced" rider the MSF course is a good thing to do. None of us are too good to learn. I got marked down on some stuff too. You outweigh me by about 180 pounds so I imagine it was a deal for you on those little bikes LOL. Great job. :thumbup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree! The course was excellent. I was a new rider and learned so much. I even had to ride over a log. I got to take my test on a 125. :agree:

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
When I completed the course the instructor addressed the group......"Congratulations. You are all now qualified to ride Honda 250 Nighthawks around a parking lot."

LOL.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
:congrats: Give it a couple of years, and go back for the Experienced Rider Course. I took the BRC, learned a lot, and took the ERC last month. The ERC definately re-hones your skills. I was definately pooped at the end of the day.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I took my MSF the summer of 2008 and I loved every minute of it. I'm very glad I took the course and it was worth every penny.

·
Registered
13,181 Posts
We rode our own bikes in CA in the mid 70's. Passed the course,quite good score actually, on a Kaw 900 with a Vetter fairing.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I did the course here in Ohio, awesome learned alot I am planning on doing the experienced rider course in a few years. I wish that it was somthing that young riders had to do if under 25 I think it would stop alot of the dumb crap that is happening with these crotch rockets. We have kids that ride them in town on the sidewalks going 50+mph I almost got hit walking to my car. Crazy crap

·
Registered
249 Posts
There were a few people in my class who did not pass as well, and you could see it coming a mile away. It's probably a good thing for them and the rest of us on the road nojoke

·
Registered
481 Posts
There were a few people in my class who did not pass as well, and you could see it coming a mile away. It's probably a good thing for them and the rest of us on the road nojoke

In Texas, Failing the course will not stop you from getting youe license un less you are under 18, as long as you can pass the skills test at the DMV, which a monkey on a moped could do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I took mine on a Kaw dual sport 125. I'm 6'6" and weighed about 385 at the time.

It probably looked funny. Had a great time. I was trying to bunny hop the boards that we had to ride over.

Compared to the X, it felt like I was on a bicycle.

One guy was taken out of the course because he was too scared to ride. They thought he was going to hurt himself or somebody else in the class. He would barely pick his feet up when we were riding in a straight line in the first couple of hours. I felt bad for the guy. The fear he had.

Other than that, good time. Great people.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Me and my best bud took the class together back in 94. He was in a honda nighthawk 250 and they stuck me on a yamaha tw200. Man that was a fun weekend. We was the top 2 in our class, he beat me on the final test by one point i think. :pepper1:

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
we took it

my wife and i took the course together in sept of 09 even though i was a fairly experienced rider and she was a newbie it was harder than i thought and easier than she expected it would be. good class cant recommend it enough . im glad we took it, every one should .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts