Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
AH man.. I hope he is ok... Cause he has to live to kill the idiot who hit him!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Did ya notice that the truck was already well past the Caviler in front of the cop before he even touched his brakes? Not even enough presence of mind to swerve to the left. Sad....very sad. I hate it when crap like this happens. :cry:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Jesus, Brings back some bad memories. Had something similar happen to me 3 years ago. Thank God for helmets. The woman who hit me was only going about 30 mph sent me flying. I came out pretty good. Broken arm is all and little shaken, bike was totaled. The ironic thing is the woman who hit me her father is a msf instructor. She was hysterical think it was harder on her than me. I was on a sport bike and the mirrors arent that great to really see whats coming up directly behind you. I didnt have a chance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Don't think I'll be showing THAT link to my wife :shock:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Gotta watch your 6

A habit I picked up is while waiting at intersections, always watch your 6 until you have at least 2 cars stopped behind you.
This video will make sure that stays a habit for a while longer.

Stay alert, stay in 1st gear, and be ready to roll to an "escape route" if you see a car not slowing down.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Re: Gotta watch your 6

Popeye said:
A habit I picked up is while waiting at intersections, always watch your 6 until you have at least 2 cars stopped behind you.

Stay alert, stay in 1st gear, and be ready to roll to an "escape route" if you see a car not slowing down.
Yeah... and don't center yourself behind a cage or other rider. Aim at your escape route and watch those mirrors.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Re: Gotta watch your 6

Popeye said:

I try to do the same thing...unless the person stopped behind me is on the cell phone, then I'll get into another lane or keep my eyes on them the whole time until I'm free to go. My boogeymen have always been cell-phone-talkin'-SUV-drivin' cagers...and I won't even touch the "gender" thing :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts