Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved from Las Vegas (2000 ft) to Albuquerque (5000 ft). Bike is running without fouling plugs but am a little rich (occasional decel popping).

So my question is, do you think that getting a K&N filter or a new breather would cancel out my 3000ft gain in altitude? Or am I just going to have to rejet anyways?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi Mangy,
Welcome to ABQ! I rejetted when I put on my ultraflow air box. I did not have to rejet when I was just running my Bubs with the stock airbox and filter. It may be worth a try to add a filter and see how it runs. If you end up wanting to rejet, I may be able to help.
Ron

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey, Welcome to Albuquerque!!

I moved from sea level. I'm running an Extreme Revolution box with KN filter. I recently got a Dyno and only had to make some minor adjustments. A new breather would make a difference. If you want a Dyno or some help re-jetting let us now.

Don't forget the ride to Colorado for the VTX rally on July 4!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I could give you belated advice...DON'T MOVE TO ALBUQUERQUE!

Ha ha ha...

Sorry I couldn't help myself. I spent a year there while in the Air Force. I moved from green and lush Germany to Albuquerque...whoa, what a difference. I couldn't adjust to life in the desert, and now live in green and lush, but friggin cold New Hampshire. Shorter riding season, but no dust storms or tumbleweeds to look out for.

Loved the 4 corners part of New Mexico, though...probably some great rides up that way!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts