Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've thought long and hard in the past about cutting, drilling, welding things that would make it lose " original" status...

I've come to the realization at over 60 years old that... screw it. Make things how YOU like them and don't waste a second. Life is short, and in the end, they won't even bury you with that most beautiful bike of yours. So ride the hell out of it the way you'd like it! Ha!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've thought long and hard in the past about cutting, drilling, welding things that would make it lose " original" status...

I've come to the realization at over 60 years old that... screw it. Make things how YOU like them and don't waste a second. Life is short, and in the end, they won't even bury you with that most beautiful bike of yours. So ride the hell out of it the way you'd like it! Ha!
God for you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Greetings friend, I wonder if we could make a plug and play wiring harness to move the key switch up to the front of the fuel tank; by measuring it looks like the switch should fit but I wonder if the key would interfere with the operation of the forks. I like where the new rebel 1100's key is which would be between the cylinders on a V Twin. The new Rebel is interesting but I don't want payments. That's a different subject; so back to a forward mount wiring harness for the left side seems like a natural location. What are your thoughts? BTW how are your forward mounts coming?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Electrics/electronics are NOT my gig... at ALL. I release more magic blue smoke from electrical components than a man has a right to.

From my short time here on the forum I have found that for this end of things Hans&Feet is the go to guru for all things that pertain to color coded wire... hans down the one to address.. (see what I did there? I kill me...)

·
Registered
36 Posts

It's my understanding that you need a brake hose a few inches longer to reach your modified controls. If that is the case, I've found that the stainless steel braided brake hoses are sold in various lengths that should suit your needs. I'm not overlooking the fact that this may lead to replacing the forward brake hose setup completely. Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I generally do ok with wiring as long I know what goes where. Anyways I had a great talk with Mr. Goheen. He could easily make a plug and play extension. After I did the measurements I realized that it would not fit with the stock key switch. It's 3" tall and if you add the key the front fork would be hitting it. Perhaps on the front tree between the handle bars and the headlight. I could do the dash mount and order an H-D key switch but I don't want to cut a hole in my dash. I wonder if I can find a replacement dash to modify. I want to keep the bike mostly stock. Anyways I was just throwing it out there. Have a great day.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts