Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You might want to post more information about your bike, what year, model ? C, S, R, N, F, T ?
For comparison, mine is a 2003 R and I typically get 40-42 MPG but I seldom ever check it. I put gas in mine pretty often so it's been a long time since I've let it get down to the low fuel light sensor but as I recall, it comes on in the neighborhood of 150 miles or so. When I hammer it, or when the wife is on with me and we have the bike loaded up, the mpg's will drop, 35 is the lowest I have ever seen. I don't have a fuel manager on my VTX anymore, but I did have a PCIII until 2017. I do have Vance & Hines exhausters, and a K&N air filter.
My bike is an ‘02 1800C

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
It would be wise to see what map is loaded in your PC. If the cells on the map display are showing a rich setting then your mileage will be down.

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It would be wise to see what map is loaded in your PC. If the cells on the map display are showing a rich setting then your mileage will be down.
That’s good advice I’m gonna do that when I see the previous owner on Saturday and I’ll ask him to show me how to check that on the power commander. He’s aware of my complaint that I’m getting really poor mpg. For what it’s worth we had the discussion about lean and rich and he claims it’s not overly rich. Hey that gasoline is going somewhere!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts