Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reciently used the Mr. Clean Auto Dry system that I've had sitting around for quite awhile and finally pulled i out of the closet. Did awsome on my bike. The purpose behind the product is to prevent water spots. Really helps cut down on polishing and prevents me from looking like a COMPLETE idiot by blow drying the bike with the leaf blower.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I look like an idiot with my leaf blower??? :dontknow:
Damn...
I use the Mr. Clean thing on my truck. It works pretty well but does leave a film of some kind. You see it on the windows the next day if you don't clean them seperate.
Would I look better with the shop vac blowing the water off? LMAO

·
Registered
597 Posts
wax n polish day!

blow dry via 80 mph! for 20 min. then return park in the shade for 15min. pop beer in 15 min break, turn on music!! then begin wax mode!! (wax mode!) two bikini clad ladies wax on wax off!!, then wake up and do it my self!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, glad to see I'm not the only one that uses the leaf blower instead of some expensive "motorcycle dryer" which is thing. I always did a quick wipe down with the "wax as you dry" and a windshield polish with the plexus so never noticed any film of any kind. I just knew it was a hell of a lot easier than getting rid of water marks that seem to pop up well after you "think" your done polishing

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
I have a brand new Mr Clean auto dry kit under the shelf in the garage one of the kids gave dad for christmas. I too use the leaf blower. One of the best investments I've made. I don't care what the neighbors think, oh wait, I have no neighbors.:lol: What counts is, my bike drys fast, no spots, gentle wipe afterward with Plexus and I'm off and sparkling. I'll probably try the autodry kit this summer though.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yeah, I have the Mr Clean Auto Dry. We tried it on my wife's bike (Shadow Aero 750) and it worked as advertised. Now I can justify using the leaf blower technique. Loud things don't count anymore. LOL

It is worth the money to at least, if nothing else, to try.

Ride Safe & Ride Often.

OhioBob

·
Registered
521 Posts
Install a water softener on your home and the water spots will be no more! Other benefits are well worth the cost as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I use the air hose. 100psi dries it up fast. :D
My formerly used method...

blow dry via 80 mph! for 20 min. then return park in the shade for 15min. pop beer in 15 min break, turn on music!! then begin wax mode!! (wax mode!) two bikini clad ladies wax on wax off!!, then wake up and do it my self!!
My new method....or maybe the MR Clean thing....:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been using Mr. Clean for years, I have very hard water, it usre helps. Then just a little buff with plexus as well, oh and some compressed air too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts