Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Mardon is a pleasant memory lets go on to new BBQ's. Aug 4th weekend at my house (google map below) 367 Schutt Rd. directions are; coming south on I-5 take exit 49. Turn left, go over top of freeway (east) continue 3.5 miles, turn right on South Silver Lake Rd, go .5 miles turn right on Silver Lake Acres, this road curves to left and changes name to Schutt Rd. Dead end road, go to "End of County Road" sign, my drive is 10 feet before the sign, don't go beyond the sign or you'll be in the neighbors drive. I would like to get an idea how many are coming so I can get the grub. Thinking maybe BBQ ribs, corn on cob, potatoe salad, beans.......good food.
All is welcome, if you come early we'll plan a trip to the coast on friday, east of Helens on saturday and west side of Mt. sunday. Bring a tent for the yard or a sleeping bag and grab a couch or spot on the floor. If you bring an RV you can park on the driveway and we'll get an elec. cord to it.

Lets take a head count, if you think you might come, let me know. Would rather have more food than not enough.

RUVTX'N says he's bringing the entertainment, don't tell Kim. Might I suggest the orange bikini. :lol:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
:) Ed&Leslie, we will be there, OH, and Maggie, she needs dog bones and water? Is the new well up and running? :lol:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll have lots of bones for Maggy. Got the pump in today, in the rain, works good.
BBQ is couple weeks away so let me hear from all who are coming.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Izzys said:
Now that Mardon is a pleasant memory lets go on to new BBQ's. Aug 4th weekend at my house (google map below) 367 Schutt Rd. directions are; coming south on I-5 take exit 49. Turn left, go over top of freeway (east) continue 3.5 miles, turn right on South Silver Lake Rd, go .5 miles turn right on Silver Lake Acres, this road curves to left and changes name to Schutt Rd. Dead end road, go to "End of County Road" sign, my drive is 10 feet before the sign, don't go beyond the sign or you'll be in the neighbors drive. I would like to get an idea how many are coming so I can get the grub. Thinking maybe BBQ ribs, corn on cob, potatoe salad, beans.......good food.
All is welcome, if you come early we'll plan a trip to the coast on friday, east of Helens on saturday and west side of Mt. sunday. Bring a tent for the yard or a sleeping bag and grab a couch or spot on the floor. If you bring an RV you can park on the driveway and we'll get an elec. cord to it.

Lets take a head count, if you think you might come, let me know. Would rather have more food than not enough.

RUVTX'N says he's bringing the entertainment, don't tell Kim. Might I suggest the orange bikini. :lol:
Trying to get me in trouble..........LOL
I will have 3-4 others with me an you already know how much Roger eats

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I already smell them Ribs :eat1: :eat1: :a13: :chef2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
BBQ

I will try to make it down there with the boy. We will be hungry. So count on two more. Looking forward to seeing you again.

SILVEREAGLE (Bill)

·
Registered
333 Posts
we would have to sneak away from a family reunion, Its very very tempting, i love a good bbq with freinds.
lee

·
Registered
333 Posts
:) Ed&Leslie, we will be there, OH, and Maggie, she needs dog bones and water? Is the new well up and running? :lol:
ed i hope you displaying your bug run trophy with pride, or did the dog eat it.
lee

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Bob - I might be able to make it on Saturday for the ride & spend the night, but would probably need to head home on Sunday. It would just be me. I'll let you know for sure this week sometime. Sounds like a lot of fun! 8)

Dave~

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Bob - I posted the St. Helens campout on the meetup.com site here

What time are you planning on heading out for the ride on Saturday? I tentatively scheduled for the south-sounders to head out from Spanaway around 7:15 AM, putting us at your place around 9:15 - 9:30 AM. Will that work?

Also, I mentioned to folks that they should plan on B.Y.O.B. for the weekend & to chip in $10 for the BBQ. If we need to plan on more $$$ than that, please let me know & I will update the meetup site.

Also, let me know when you need a firm head-count from the meetup site & I will send it & shut-off the RSVP feature at that time.

Thanks Bob! I'm looking forward to this ride/campout! 8)

Dave~

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thought we would meet at Spiffy's restaurant at Hwy 12 and I-5 about 9:15- 9:30 saturday morning, have coffee and breakfast then head around the Mt. So thats a little closer for the guys from the north coming on saturday.
I'm getting the grub first of next week, I'll be getting extra for the big eaters so if we get a few that didn't commit that's fine. I'll have water and soda and everyone can bring what ever else they want to drink.
As far as the money if anyone wants to donate a small amount that's fine, if they don't that's fine to. We're going to have a fun time.
Anyone that wants to come a day or two early we'll plan a ride to the coast, and anyone who wants to go home monday is fine also.
Mornings we'll either have coffee and rolls at the house or go to the retaurant for breakfast. See everyone on the 4th. Bob

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Izzys said:
Thought we would meet at Spiffy's restaurant at Hwy 12 and I-5 about 9:15- 9:30 saturday morning, have coffee and breakfast then head around the Mt. So thats a little closer for the guys from the north coming on saturday.
I'm getting the grub first of next week, I'll be getting extra for the big eaters so if we get a few that didn't commit that's fine. I'll have water and soda and everyone can bring what ever else they want to drink.
As far as the money if anyone wants to donate a small amount that's fine, if they don't that's fine to. We're going to have a fun time.
Anyone that wants to come a day or two early we'll plan a ride to the coast, and anyone who wants to go home monday is fine also.
Mornings we'll either have coffee and rolls at the house or go to the retaurant for breakfast. See everyone on the 4th. Bob
Bob - that looks great! Myself & any others that want to join will plan on meeting you down at Spiffy's on Saturday morning. 8) I'll keep the $10 BBQ buy-in on the meetup site as a "suggested donation". Looking forward to this! :D

Anyone in the south end interested in riding down, I will be at the McD's on 204th & Pacific Hwy (Hwy 7) at 7 AM on Saturday, August 4th. I'll be heading out around 7:15 for Spiffy's down at Hwy 12 & I-5. The route is Hwy 507 through Yelm, Rainier, Tenino, Centralia & than a quick hop on I-5 for the rest of the way.

Dave~

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
Man I really wanted to do this ride. But, I just commited to having my eye surgery on that Thursday 8/2 :oops: You guys will have to have fun without me 8)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jon's1800VTXC said:
Man I really wanted to do this ride. But, I just commited to having my eye surgery on that Thursday 8/2 :oops: You guys will have to have fun without me 8)

Eye surgery thursday, recoop friday, ride saturday so where's the problem!!!! :roll: You're going to be missed Jon, next time. Bob

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
bigd_74 said:
Izzys said:
Bob - that looks great! Myself & any others that want to join will plan on meeting you down at Spiffy's on Saturday morning. 8) I'll keep the $10 BBQ buy-in on the meetup site as a "suggested donation". Looking forward to this! :D

Anyone in the south end interested in riding down, I will be at the McD's on 204th & Pacific Hwy (Hwy 7) at 7 AM on Saturday, August 4th. I'll be heading out around 7:15 for Spiffy's down at Hwy 12 & I-5. The route is Hwy 507 through Yelm, Rainier, Tenino, Centralia & than a quick hop on I-5 for the rest of the way.

Dave~
Hmmmmml....I'm getting tempted :p

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmmmml....I'm getting tempted

What was it the BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, all the trimmings or just the good company? Come on down Tubby, it's going to be a good time and i've been wanting to meet you, us old guys got to stick together. Bob

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Izzys said:
Hmmmmml....I'm getting tempted

What was it the BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, all the trimmings or just the good company? Come on down Tubby, it's going to be a good time and i've been wanting to meet you, us old guys got to stick together. Bob
The good company....and some new people that might believe my BS :p 8) If my place on a drift boat don't come thru, I'll be there at least till late sat night, prolly won't stay the night, tho.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Trish and I are most likely going to make it ,she bring the cage to haul everything ,fri mid mourning after traffic dies alittle what time is fridays ride ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts