Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new mtc clutch be for my bout with head cancer about a yr ago from hdl and was packed with red springs, i now see that the color of the springs have been changed 2 more times , befor i in stall the new clutch, hdl sent me a set of barnett springs, are these springs to long or to ridiget to be used?????. Needind some advice be for i tear down . I did use a set of barnett springs with spacers on my oem clutch about 70 k ago with no problem .
Thank you
jim

·
Registered
257 Posts
I replaced the stock springs with the Barnett springs last weekend. The Barnet springs work great; no more clutch slippage. The Barnett springs are stiffer and about 3/16 of an inch longer, but the stock bolts are long enough. I would use them.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I bought a new mtc clutch be for my bout with head cancer about a yr ago from hdl and was packed with red springs, i now see that the color of the springs have been changed 2 more times , befor i in stall the new clutch, hdl sent me a set of barnett springs, are these springs to long or to ridiget to be used?????. Needind some advice be for i tear down . I did use a set of barnett springs with spacers on my oem clutch about 70 k ago with no problem .
Thank you
jim
Hi Jim. Sorry to hear about your bout with cancer. Hope all is well. The latest color of springs for the MTC clutch is blue. The new clutch comes with spacers but MTC says you only need to use them if you are going to drag race. I did not install the spacers and mine hooks up very nicely. Hope this helps.

highplainsxer

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the stock springs with the Barnett springs last weekend. The Barnet springs work great; no more clutch slippage. The Barnett springs are stiffer and about 3/16 of an inch longer, but the stock bolts are long enough. I would use them.
I just want to ask for sure what you are saying , did you replace the barnett springs on your oem clutch ,or the MTC clutch???? ,
thanks again
Jim

·
Registered
668 Posts
I installed an MTC a little while ago with the blue springs. Hooks up like a mongrel with no spacers. Just what I was wanting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts