Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to know whos running a MTC clutch set up.
More info later.............this is about the springs and washers.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think RU469/Mike and Eric are.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I am running the MTC with the mtc supplied shims and springs. It sticks like crazy and have no trouble finding neutral or shifting. I can test anything out, it's easy enough to take apart the clutch.

Eric just got the Barnett springs put on the stock clutch, and Mike/RU469 doesn't exactly have a bike left.

It's about time we hear from you Old School. Where have you been? A lot of us have been trying to call you...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Been real busy helping my brother move back up here from Tenn.
We had to sell the ranch the horses. Take all our deer stands down.
and say goodby. Very sad. Anyway Ill be comming around now that got this chit behind me now.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
mark_1bx said:
Need to know whos running a MTC clutch set up.
More info later.............this is about the springs and washers.
I'm runnin the MTC clutch/springs/shims.

No slippin ever

Easy shifting, nuetral is real tough to find.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I can tell you at this time is there is some R&D going on and some people might/are needed for some testing.

More..... ......................

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
We've had pretty good success at the shop using the Barnett Heavy Duty springs with the MTC clutch plates.

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
I put in the "new and improved" MTC clutch last weekend.....Aside from missing one thin shim in the kit,and having to make one,the clutch works just perfectly..

·
Registered
841 Posts
Clutch

I have been running the MTC clutch and Barnett H.D. springs for over a year. Good positive shift,easy to find neutral. It works well.

Ken

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just put mine in last week. Newer kit I think Short strong red springs and 24 shims. They doubled the shim pack and I used all of them.
Followed Bare's write up.
http://www.bareasschoppers.com/clutch

Fun at 60 mph in 5th quick down shift to 3rd and twist the throttle it pulls the front end extending the fork legs and sits you back with no slipping.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Been using the Barnett springs for over 3 years. Was quite the improvement over stock. Have had no slippage or problem finding neutral most of the time.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Firemanirfd said:
I just put the barnett clutch in with the springs that came with it, the bike does want to creep forward a bit with th clutch pulled in, any thoughts (tech session at the dells?)
Do you have the stock levers? I think some after market levers have a shorter throw

·
Registered
554 Posts
monty26 said:
Firemanirfd said:
I just put the barnett clutch in with the springs that came with it, the bike does want to creep forward a bit with th clutch pulled in, any thoughts (tech session at the dells?)
Do you have the stock levers? I think some after market levers have a shorter throw
Yes I have the stock levers, I am assuming it will probly wear in quickly, I only have about 10ft on the clutch

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I am interested in what comes of this.

Right now I have the HD Barnett springs on the stock clutch. I'm learning hard towards the MTC, hoping I can make it till winter!

Jason

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
JLMEMT said:

Right now I have the HD Barnett springs on the stock clutch. I'm learning hard towards the MTC, hoping I can make it till winter!

Jason
I put the MTC in about 4k miles ago. No lurking forward, and neutral find hasn't changed. Just a whole lot more grab. Just change it now. It only takes about an hour, more depending on what speed you like to work. After you put it in you will want to take it for a ride to see how much more fun it makes the bike...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Firemanirfd said:
monty26 said:
Firemanirfd said:
Yes I have the stock levers, I am assuming it will probly wear in quickly, I only have about 10ft on the clutch
Oh, I missed the part where you said that you just put it in. Did you soak the plates before you put them in? I could see the plates might be too dry at first and not getting enough lube to allow full disengage.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
monty26 said:
JLMEMT said:

Jason
I put the MTC in about 4k miles ago. No lurking forward, and neutral find hasn't changed. Just a whole lot more grab. Just change it now. It only takes about an hour, more depending on what speed you like to work. After you put it in you will want to take it for a ride to see how much more fun it makes the bike...

I rode a guys after he had the MTC in, that's why I am leaning towards it. But I had to shut it off to find neutral.

Jason

1 - 20 of 25 Posts