Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchaced a new mustang saddle. The regular driver and passenger. I not sure if I like it. The nose of the passenger seat just feels uncomfortable poking in my back after a few hours of riding. Is the Ultimate bigboy driver and passenger the same or is it a totally different seating position. I'm thinking about getting one. Looking for any knowledge on these seats

G

·
Mustang Seat

Might be a C thing because when I briefly had my passenger seat on my R there was no issue whatsoever.
You might want to try it for a few hundred miles though to see if you get used to each other.

·
Registered
394 Posts
for what its worth...give it some time first to break in.
I didn't like my mustang seat at first either, but after a few rides I kinda settled into it.
Now I wouldn't trade it for the world.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wouldn't trade mine either, but can't speak to the Ultimate. You'll get used to it, it is designed to do exactly what it does. Because the Mustang is "low-slung" on a C, the passenger seat is designed to act as lower back support. Gets quite comfortable after you get used to it.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
The Mustang passenger stacks on top of the riders seat forming some what of a backrest like you said. The Ultimate passenger sits a bit farther back making room for the optinal add-on backrest.
I rode the Mustang set for 25,000 miles and went to the Ultimate, and now after another 15,000 miles I find no compairison in comfort between the two. Ultimate! hands down. :wink:

OBTW,
Both seats sit the same for forward and back but the Ultimate (due to the extra padding) does sit you a bit taller, say about an inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.