Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a used Mustang seat for my '04 C. It didn't come with any install info. If I attach the rear seat first, I can't get the back of the front seat under the front of the rear seat. If I install the front seat first, I can slide the tang on the front of the rear seat under the bolt on the fender, but with the front seat in place there is no room to get a wrench in there to tighten the bolt. It's probably so obvious that I'm not seeing it or I just haven't had enough brew.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You have to replace the stock bolt with a longer bolt and grooved spacer that Mustang provides. The front seat goes on after you change out and tighten the longer bolt and spacer. Then the back seat slides into the groove on the spacer. After that tighten the nut at the rear of the seat and that's it. It sounds like you may be missing the grooved spacer and longer bolt. I can take a photo of mine if you need to see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Mustang sent me an extra one when they recovered my seat. pm me your addy and it's yours

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the tip VTX13rider. I looked around for that. Guess I didn't do such a good job. Here's a close-up of that spool that the rear seat slides into.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After sufficient beer intake, I remembered where I had stashed the liitle plastic bag of parts that came with the seat. Once I got the proper bits in the appropriate place, it all came together fine. Got it done in time to ride a PGR mission today. Thanks to all who responded, this forum is a priceless resource. Everyone ride safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts