Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the seat pin mod on my 2006 1300c. Can I still use a mustang seat?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts

No reason you couldn't ...........I've had both a Mustang & a Corbin with the seat pin mod on mine & haven't had to drill either seat.Both worked just fine......................The new Mustang seats are a BEAR to line up the first time,but after you sit on it for the first thousand miles it forms the pan to your frame & all is well......................:D Rod

·
Registered
877 Posts
have done it with the mustang seat on my C

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Work good with my Ultimate. Don't see why it would not work with the Mustang.
Now I'am trying to come up with something for a quick disconnect for the rear passenger seat. Pain in the butt to get at the nut, especially under the trunk .

·
Registered
801 Posts
Glad this question was asked !! I was wondering the same thing!!
Thanks to all for the reply s!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rear acorn nut

Work good with my Ultimate. Don't see why it would not work with the Mustang.
Now I'am trying to come up with something for a quick disconnect for the rear passenger seat. Pain in the butt to get at the nut, especially under the trunk .
Not sure if this would solve your problem or not, but I replaced the acorn nut with a wing nut. Of course I had to take my angle grinder and shave the wings down a bit to keep it from hitting the seat as I screwed it down. Not as pretty, but it does the job.

·
Registered
249 Posts
doing it now works just fine easy to get seat off to take off tank and re jet carb in a state park because the bike was runnin way to rich.

Dude

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
Another mod....Not seat related.....decapitate the airbox and you won't have to take the seat or tank off to get the airbox off.:D

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
i just got a new c&c solo seat and was thinkin about doin this mod also

1 - 12 of 12 Posts