Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today he was home with dad and was playing in the garage while I was working in my home office. He is usually at daycare so I can get some work done. Anyways, I am working and he is suddenly quiet and I go check and see what he is up to. I look out in the garage and he is sitting on the X and pretending he is driving. I scared the crap out of him when I said his name.

I asked him how he got up there and he got down and showed me. Now I know he doesn't weigh that much but it scared the crap out of me. I tried to explain to him that the bike weighs 700 lbs. and that it could hurt him real bad. I told him that the only time he could do that was when I was around.

Of course I didn't tell him that I used to climb on my dad's HD when I was younger and dad wasn't around. It will be our little secret.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Get him an XR50, and promise not to get on his, if he stays off yours. :D :D :D

(that's what I did...but it was a JR50 and 20 years ago. :wink: )

G

·
0 Posts
Naw, buy him a 'busa. Then you can ride it while he's at daycare. He'll never know. :wink:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Naw, buy him a 1300. Perfect size his smaller frame and he won't have any problems handling the 'power' of that 1300

:lol:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thats funny cause I use to do that before I turned 16 on my dads Bourget and 95th Anniversary Softail. So I doubt it stops anytime soon.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VTXN04JB said:
Thats funny cause I use to do that before I turned 16 on my dads Bourget and 95th Anniversary Softail. So I doubt it stops anytime soon.
I know. Deep down it made me proud that he wants to ride so bad and I don't mean on the back. He wants one of his own. Me and the wife talk about getting a Gold Wing one day and he says that when that happens I could just give him the X. THAT'S MY BOY! :D :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
JayHawkX said:
Naw, buy him a 1300. Perfect size his smaller frame and he won't have any problems handling the 'power' of that 1300
Just had to bring up the "I bought an 1800 to make up for my smallness in other areas" didn't you.

Don't you get tired of humiliating yourself? :lol:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
JayHawkX wrote:
Laughing

Just had to bring up the "I bought an 1800 to make up for my smallness in other areas" didn't you.

Don't you get tired of humiliating yourself? Laughing

HAHAHA!!!! OH YOU GOT ME! Didn't see that one comin'! Well you know, I bought an 1800 because of my love for feeling the power between my legs, which only happens on my X. And with your girl, but thats a different story. She likes daisies too.

:lol: jk bro

·
Registered
881 Posts
LOL

I remember climbing on my friend's Dad's Goldwing. He told us over and over not to touch it, much less climb on it. Of course over time we couldnt resist and two of us climbed on it and knocked it over. :shock: I can verify that 3 scared crapless 5th graders can NOT lift a Goldwing. Once we figured out that we weren't going to get it up we scattered lol. Fortunately, no one was injured... until his Dad got home. LOL

V

·
0 Posts
CENTER STAND!! :wink:
I have grandkids...when they are around the X goes on this stand. :!:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pete - Where do you get a detached center stand like that? Kind of looks like a hunk of metal so I'm hoping that you're not going to say, "I made it."

·
Registered
819 Posts
Square Bill said:
Pete - Where do you get a detached center stand like that? Kind of looks like a hunk of metal so I'm hoping that you're not going to say, "I made it."
will it make you feel better if I say it then? He made it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, a little better I guess. I think I can see how it works, too. He puts some straight piece of metal in the hole on the side to get the leverage to tip the frame from that first bar to the second. Now if only I could find some innate mechanical ability I haven't tapped into yet....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Square Bill said:

i was thinking the very same thing!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Your kid has his picture taken as a shark trying to eat his big sister.
I am thinking Dad, leave him be...
da, da.......da, da......... da da da da da da daWAAAADADAFADFAFHHH

Can you say Bike Cover!!!!With Alarm and hidden cameras

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Preacher said:
Your kid has his picture taken as a shark trying to eat his big sister.
I am thinking Dad, leave him be...
da, da.......da, da......... da da da da da da daWAAAADADAFADFAFHHH

Can you say Bike Cover!!!!With Alarm and hidden cameras
He makes me feel like a kid again, because he does a lot of the stuff I remember doing when I was younger, but I think he is doing them at a younger age than I did and that scares me. It drives my wife nuts, because I laugh at a lot of the stuff he does. She tells everyone that she is raising three kids and we only have two. I wonder who the other one is? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Sounds like me when I was a kid. I grew up on a farm and when I was about 5 or 6, I went out, got up in the International 1066 diesel tractor and managed to fire it up just like I'd seen Grandpa and Dad do about a hundred times before. I EVEN manged to get it in gear and was out driving it around the barn lot before Dad came sprinting out and shut me down. I got the whoopin of my life for that one. My butt STILL hurts. However, I never hit anything and it wasn't that much longer till the started having me drive it for real. I think I was about 10 before they realized I really could control it and drive it where I wanted so they put me to work out in the fields. Once it actually became WORK however, I soon lost interest in it, but I guess I shot myself in the foot because they didn't let me off the hook.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just wait: What you can look forward to:

Bike won't start. 2 hours later, find someone has backed the idle screw out all the way.

You determine that the melted goo in your gas tank (before lockers were common) is melted toy figures.

Your tank is covered with scratches from the metal buckles on little sandals.

Your bike falls over when you go to roll it because someone has put a padlock in the rear disk--it rolls just far enough to get you off balance.

You walk 3 miles to pay $15 for a 1 gallon gas can and gas and walk back because somebody put it on reserve (This was wife's Suzuki that had "always on" vacuum activated fuel valve.)

So, when you get grandkids, be sure to teach them all these tricks for mommy's and/or daddy's amusement! Family traditions are so important.

·
Registered
304 Posts
When my wife was a kid and was playing in her dad's tackle box, he told her to stay out of there cause some of those lure can "BITE". We got married and as I was going fishing once and was replacing some hooks on a couple of rapellas, she asked how they bite.

As she grew up, she knew they didn't bite, but figured there was some mechanism that caused them to react or bite down when a fish hit.

Man, was that ever an effective way to keep a kid out of your tackle box. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts