Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Dothan Alabama and a semi tractor trailer backed over it while I was sleeping in my hotel room. It was crushed under eight wheels with a 65,000 lb load. All I have are fond memories and some photos of my beautiful bike. I also have the original stock seat, never used, I put a Corbin on at the dealer. If anyone wants an original stock seat for an 06’ VTX1800F give me a shout, $10.00 it’s yours, just come by my house in Tampa, Fl.

·
Premium Member
6,777 Posts
I am so sorry your sweet, sweet ride had to get murdered that way. Let us know if you, and with what you replace it.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Thats totally sad, Sir.

·
Registered
157 Posts
there were FEW "F"s made.
few years the "F" was produced
and ONE less "F" remaining on the road.

Sorry for your LOSS.

I have had my "F" since New 3/2005... 92,500 miles and counting.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Peter,
Sorry to hear this. Good thing you were sleeping and not on it.
Good luck of finding a new ride.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
That was a fine looking bike, so sorry to read about the mishap. Hope you have good insurance and are able to get a replacement you can be proud of.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I hope the trucker has good insurance!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,479 Posts
Most elegant model made. Sorry to hear of your loss. Might be able to find another one. Or perhaps something else. Fortunately there are a lot of other nice bikes out there. But I can't imagine going out and looking at what was left of that beautiful bike.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Oh man, that is a damn shame. Beautiful bike. I've always loved the 'Fs'. Bought my 'C' before their arrival.

·
Registered
157 Posts
a short story. happened about 5 years ago
my car friend... his 1956 Chevy post car...
he hit a deer going home from a local car show..
he owned this car since 1958 in high school

I sent a get well card to the Car... at his address.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I was in Dothan Alabama and a semi tractor trailer backed over it while I was sleeping in my hotel room. It was crushed under eight wheels with a 65,000 lb load. All I have are fond memories and some photos of my beautiful bike. I also have the original stock seat, never used, I put a Corbin on at the dealer. If anyone wants an original stock seat for an 06’ VTX1800F give me a shout, $10.00 it’s yours, just come by my house in Tampa, Fl. View attachment 175310
Sorry to hear you lost your Gem. If you find time, would like to hear the full story, like what were the words between you and the truck driver and how you got home etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The owner of the trucking company paid me $9500.00 and paid for a full size one way rental for me to drive home in, he even took me to lunch.
I'm glad the owner showed a lot of class seems like a fair price. When I drove I always got out and did a walk around to see everything close. Nice looking bike its a shame to loose it that way.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
The owner of the trucking company paid me $9500.00 and paid for a full size one way rental for me to drive home in, he even took me to lunch.
it would be difficult to "UP" that offer.. an be fair to all involved .
enjoy your new search.

Reactions: SUMDATX

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
I was going to post that the problem will be collecting what the bike is worth to you.
But looks like the trucking co did right by you ($9500)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
So sorry or your loss but happy to hear that the trucking owner is a stand-up gentleman. Is he a motorcyclist too? Or used to be?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts