Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have to share this will you all. Fist a little background...I have been in the NAVY for over 8 years and my father has called me 5 time. Just not his thing, I usually call him..

So, Wednesday night my cell phone rings (barely works at my house). I answer and make out that it is dad and tell him I will call him at his house. Now I am thinking someone died, got hurt or something, cause dad doesn't just call. After taking a deep breath, I dial his number. There is no emotion in his voice when he answers so I still don't have a clue. He BS's for a second then then say... I just called to tell you....I bought a new bike. It like dad gave birth and I have a new brother and he is Chopper Blue in color.
Man, my heart almost stopped. Everything is ok at home, ok ok breathe man. So I knew he was looking at the Kawasakis. I ask him if that is what he bought. He said "nope, bought a Harley." Wow, dad bought a Harley. His current bike is an 1980 Yamaha 1100XS that he had ridden for the last 20 yrs. He said he decided to splurge since it would be the last bike he buys.
Before this happens, nothing bad will be said about Harleys in this post. The point is, that in all of lifes adventures, births and deaths, my Father put buying a new Harley (motorcycle) in the top 5. Ride on Dad!!!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
What a cute story, last night we were at an abate meeting and afterwards found out the president's Dad had rode in on his new bike. Mind you.. this guy must be in his 70s or older and a really little! It was a new pretty little blue Harley! It was kinda cute to see this little old guy ride off on this little harley. :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey Dad ... Give 'her! :lol:

Nice to know yer old man still has it eh?
Rob

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
My dad did the exact same thing. Scared the crap outta me, except his new affair was a 27' fifth wheel camper. Old people scare me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts